MLB Discussion

Sorry Brewers fans, just saw this on ESPN:

Ben Sheets has a torn muscle in his pitching elbow and will be inactive for the Division Series. He will not be able to pitch if the Brewers advance.

On the plus side, it looks like they can now just have CC Sabathia pitch every single game.

yeah, it was reported a few days ago this was going to happen, he was left off the NLDS rosters yesterday, so that confirmed it.

I don't think the Phillies will sweep unless CC implodes. Or his arm falls off. Or the Brewers just can't score any runs that day. But yeah, I think most series will go 4+ even in the first round.

I think TB will sweep the white sox.

Yea 4 games tops. I hate the White Sox. Pierzinsky and Guillen are complete douche bags. Anyone ever read the players polls in SI? Pierzinsky got voted most hated player by other MLB players by over 50% of the players they polled. Usually the person with the highest percentage of voted gets like 8-15% of the vote on whatever the question is. Like Manny got voted worst fielder by other players and he got like 13 or 15% of the votes. Just to put into perspective how much other players hate Pierzinsky.

Guest baseball

A little late on my predictions here, haven't been in this thread much lately.

Division Series

Cubs over Dodgers

Philles over Brewers

Red Sox over Angels

Rays over White Sox

Championship Series

Cubs over Phillies

Red Sox over Rays

World Series

Red Sox over Cubs

I'm picking the Angels over the Sox (in 4) and the Rays over the Sox (in 3). I'm picking the Angels to come out of the AL and beat the Rays in 5.

As for the NL, Dodgers over the Cubs in 4, Phillies over the Brew-Crew 4; Dodgers in 6 over the Phils; Dodgers vs. Angels Freeway Series! Dodgers in 6!

Hamels is a sick motherfucker. What'd he give up last year? 3 runs in game 1? Stupid Phillies couldn't hit the Rockies for some reason. That was one of the most brutal NL post-seasons ever. ALL SWEEPS. Cubs swept by D-backs who were swept by the Rockies who swept the Phillies. Then the Rockies were swept by the Red Sox!