MLB Discussion

I went to Pedro Alvarez's first game and I was at the game he got his first hit, a RBI double. He's been striking out at on, K-Dro! But he's looked decent.

The Pirates youth movement has looked good, but we have ZERO pitching and that will kill us for years.

welcome to the brewers plague for the last.... tons of offensive youth but no pitchers.

also, he cannot hit lefties, that was his biggest problem in the minors and its translated into the majors, still. he'll get over it im sure, but thats why he's struck out a boog dbit.

God damn Texas wont lose! Angels have been playing great and Texas is still making their lead in the division bigger. Dont think that will last all year.

Also Joe Saunders fucking blows.

I can't believe you're still doubting Texas. We haven't even been healthy all year. We're still not a healthy Cruz has been out multiple times. Harrison and Holland (2 of our better pitchers) have missed countless games, Saltalamacchia hasn't been with us at all this year....Texas has such a solid team. I really don't see how you don't think it will last all year.

Cruz rejoined the team tonight, Hamilton is on a freakish streak, Vlad has been healthy, Borbon has went from below .200 to almost .300 in under a month, Young has been money all year,...I could go on forever. We're about to win our 9th straight and it's not a fluke. ESPN ranked the Rangers 5th in the MLB right now. I'm pretty sure that the Rangers have what it takes to go the distance.

God damn Texas wont lose! Angels have been playing great and Texas is still making their lead in the division bigger. Dont think that will last all year.

Also Joe Saunders fucking blows.

I can't believe you're still doubting Texas. We haven't even been healthy all year. We're still not a healthy Cruz has been out multiple times. Harrison and Holland (2 of our better pitchers) have missed countless games, Saltalamacchia hasn't been with us at all this year....Texas has such a solid team. I really don't see how you don't think it will last all year.

Cruz rejoined the team tonight, Hamilton is on a freakish streak, Vlad has been healthy, Borbon has went from below .200 to almost .300 in under a month, Young has been money all year,...I could go on forever. We're about to win our 9th straight and it's not a fluke. ESPN ranked the Rangers 5th in the MLB right now. I'm pretty sure that the Rangers have what it takes to go the distance.

haha Im an Angel fan dude, I expect my team to win the division.

Texas has a very good team and its not like Id be suprised if they wont the division, I just dont think they will. They have been on a hot streak for a while, I just dont think they are going to be this hot all year. They had a big lead in the West last year and the Angels ended up winning the division by 10 games. I think Texas is a little better and the Angels arent as good as last year so I think it will be closer for longer this year, Im just expecting the Angels to win.

Texas is legit but there is no way they are winning it all this year. The west, maybe. The AL, no way. The WS, not even close.

I think the Angels will win the AL West but not the entire AL.

Id be extremely suprised if there wasnt a team from the AL East in the WS this year.

The Rangers, today, will not win the AL. The Rangers with Roy Oswalt and a healthy Nelson Cruz? Now thats a different story.

While I definitely agree that it'd be nice to have Oswalt with us, I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that he's the deciding factor of whether or not we win the AL. The Rangers have already proven they can handle themselves even when some of their best players are on the DL. Right now, the Rangers are looking to be at almost full strength once Harden and Holland return. Get ready for a whoopin' and a whompin'.

[image]

Wow, anyone see how the Angel/Dodger game ended? That was a bad call. Crazy end to a game tho.

Im glad it went Anaheim's way but that was BAD. Angels got lucky on a few calls tonite.

The worst part was the ump being in the exact perfect spot to get it right. And I thought Fuentes balked when he picked off Kemp.

Wow, anyone see how the Angel/Dodger game ended? That was a bad call. Crazy end to a game tho.

Im glad it went Anaheim's way but that was BAD. Angels got lucky on a few calls tonite.

The worst part was the ump being in the exact perfect spot to get it right. And I thought Fuentes balked when he picked off Kemp.

Yea I think Martin was safe at second, and even if Johnson ran hard all the way home I still dont think he would have gotten there before they called Martin out. Still made Johnson look bad tho.

Fuentes may have balked when he got Kemp. It was very close.

Dumb ass Manny got left at third early in the game tho when Kemp hit that double with 2 outs and 2 strikes. He should have scored EASILY on that one.

Dodgers really should have won that game like 4 or 5 to 2.

Also, Fuentes SUCKS so hard. I really hope they dont bring him back next year. Dude consistently blows games and gets in a lot of trouble when he does close one out. Fucking hate that guy. Its to the point now where I almost expect him to blow it when he comes in.