MLB Discussion

NLCS - Phillies vs Braves

ALCS - Rays vs Yankees

World Series - Rays vs Braves

Champion - Rays!

That's how I hope it all goes down from here.

i honestly don't think the braves have a snowballs chance in hell of getting by Philly... and if the yanks pitching performs like they have so far the rays or texas won't stand a chance.

on the non-self serving side of things... i don't think anyone is gonna take out the phils this year.. that staff is just brutal.

I'm actually feeling pretty good about the Rangers chances on Tuesday. This is the exact reason that we got Lee...to push our team through to the next round. Plus, CJ will be in the bullpen if needed. Our offense needs to step up though...Murphy, Hamilton, and Young need start hitting. These past two games were ridiculous. No excuses, it was just awful.

If the Rangers do get to the ALCS, it's going to be a great matchup. Games 1 and 2 will be amazing matchups with Lee and CJ Wilson pitching. Game 3 has Colby Lewis pitching...while he is a great pitcher, the offense just never gives him run support, so I suspect Yanks will take that one. For game 4, I wonder if Washington will keep Hunter in the rotation or pitch Lee in games 1, 4, and 7. If Hunter pitches, Yanks will take that one too. I think it'll be a great series.

i wouldn't entirely write off the yanks just yet. while Philly has a superior pitching staff, the yanks are more than covering the difference on the offensive side of the card. Not to mention the reds pretty much rolled over and died in the series.

ALDS offensive stats

Yanks AVG - .314 OBP - .351 SLG - .514 R - 17 H - 33 2b/3b/hr - 5/2/4

Phils AVG - .212 OBP - .301 SLG - .273 R - 13 H - 21 2b/3b/hr - 3/0/1

not to mention the yanks didnt make a single error in the series, while the phils averaged one per game

Ha! That's funny. I seem to remember sweeping them in Arlington. They split the season series 4-4.

I expect zero people to go for the Rangers (except for the people who hate the Yankees), and I'm more than ok with that. As I said earlier, I love being the underdog and rooting for the underdog. I know that the Yankees are good and they are more than capable of beating the Rangers...but I see no reason why the Rangers won't win either.

there's a very big difference between the regular season and the postseason, though. pitching matchups don't always work out the way a team would like them to. maybe the yankees were in the middle of a long road trip when they came through texas. i'm not saying for sure, because i don't know the specifics of that series. but what i do know is that if the rangers even take this thing past 6 games, i'll be shocked.