MLB Discussion

Weak. That makes my decision on which players to keep even harder.

Once I saw Garza go I was pretty sure Hellickson would be in the starting rotation but sort of had my fingers crossed that he wouldn't.

From what I've heard Drabek will be in the starting rotation for the Jays too. So I'm going to end up losing both of my prospects.

Shut up Travis! :) If anything, I'd like him to go to Colorado and stay out of the division. He's a great bat that I don't wanna face 20 times a year...we just don't really need him anymore.

Yea I know the Angels are gonna be trying to get him but I doubt Texas would trade him in the divison. Im thinking he's gonna end up in Colorado too.

Angels get someone to play third and someone to leadoff and they are gonna be a pretty good team. The West should be much closer this year.

Yep...if the Angels had a better offseason in terms of picking up free agents, then I think it would be a 3 way race in the West. The A's are gonna be tough this year.

I dont really think there is a clear front runner for the AL West right now. A's got a lot better. Still not convinced they are going to be really good but we'll see.

I think the Rangers wont be as good as last year. They lost Lee and Vlad who put up huge numbers and it looks like they wont have Young back. They got Beltre and Webb but I dont think either of them will put up the same numbers that Lee and Vladdy put up last year.

Angels should be a lot better, their best offenseive player was hurt almost all year and most of their guys just had down years. If they can just get back to what their career averages are offensively they should be fine. They do need a leadoff hitter tho, unless Aybar can prove he can get on base more. They have maybe the best OF in the league. Im hearing Conger might even be up this year. If he can prove he can hit in the bigs thats a major upgrade offensively at catcher. Who knows, Trout could even make his way up at the end of the season.

really interested to see what happens with Pujols, since he apparently wants over A-Rod money... and the cardinals aren't looking to pay that.... i can't imagine the yanks would be in it because of the Huge Tex contract, and i dont see pujols wanting to change positions

Pujols will stay in St. Louis. I think they are willing to give him $30M/year but just not for 10 years. I bet he gets like 8 years at about $29 or $30 mil/year.

There is no way the Cards can let him go. He will end up as one of the greatest hitters in the history of the game and there is just no way they can let him leave.

if they don't get the extension before he goes to market i bet you see some other big market teams throwing down for him..... the yanks probably wouldnt be in the mix, but they'd probably feign it to drive up the price.... the mets have a ridiculous amount of money coming ff the books next year... and i can imagine you'd see chicago, boston, and the angels sniffing around too... not to mention hes alot more valuable in the AL because he'd be able to DH eventually

if they don't get the extension before he goes to market i bet you see some other big market teams throwing down for him..... the yanks probably wouldnt be in the mix, but they'd probably feign it to drive up the price.... the mets have a ridiculous amount of money coming ff the books next year... and i can imagine you'd see chicago, boston, and the angels sniffing around too... not to mention hes alot more valuable in the AL because he'd be able to DH eventually

This is all very true, I just dont think he's gonna leave the Cards. That city would lose their minds if the Cards let Pujols go. They pretty much have to give him whatever he wants.

Yankees roster if fine sans starting pitchers. The reason Puljos isn't going there is the same reason Young isn't going there.

Angels just won the arbitration with Weaver. I wish they would have just payed him the $8M of whatever that he wanted in hopes of making it easier to resign him as a FA after the season.

Angels over pay for guys who dont deserve it and underpay for guys that totally deserve the big bucks. No wonder they are having trouble landing big FAs.

Starting my homework for the fantasy season. What do you guys think of Jose Reyes? I won't have an opportunity to get Tulo or Hanley, Jeter and Rollins are too old (it's a keeper league), and shortstop is incredibly thin this year. Possibly thinner than Catcher.

I'm really hoping Reyes comes out healthy and running in spring training. Hoping to get him with pick 17 (my second round pick, 14 teams) and maybe Adrian Gonzalez in the 1st.