MLB Discussion

15 minutes ago, rds said:

It's also been reported that he's being sought as a suspect in 17 more pending hit and run investigations.

I'm not sure if thats a joke, or not, but the guy has been to jail, made his peace and is sober and under voluntary heavy scrutiny about his lifestyle. So if it is a joke, and that's how it comes off, it's not really funny.

I'm not a Matt Bush fan or a Rangers fan even, just appreciate a good comeback story.

On May 14, 2016 at 10:39 PM, catalinacaper said:

Matt Bush is making his major league debut right now and breaking MLB GameDay. So far it's reported a 98 mph curveball, a 98 mph slider and a 92 mph change up.

Sounds like a fastball (I.e., if someone throws a 98 mph curveball it might be headed for the seats because it isn't curving much).

I agree that it's in bad taste if we want to have a serous discussion of his life story (and I'd argue it's maybe more in bad taste toward the innocent people who were seriously hurt by his actions than to him).  As an MLB news blurb though, his history of violence during his journey away from and back toward the majors is pretty notable.  He beat up a kid with a golf club, choked a woman, ran over a motorcyclist's head and left him for dead, and was sought in a few more hit and run accidents.  I don't think he should be banned from MLB or locked away for life but I think it's OK if he never outlives his extraordinary wrap sheet, whether the jokes or comments are in poor taste or not.

Well it started in the playoffs last year in game 5, Bautista hit a 3 run homer off Texas to go ahead and eventually win the game and the series and he flipped the bat in a way that came off as smug. During Bautista's last at bat against the Rangers this season they hit him with a pitch a 98 mph ball on the upper body(most see it as intentional). Bautista came into second on a hard slide to Odor and then the fight broke out. As far as suspension it will probably be closer to 2-3 games, a 20 game would be too decisive if you took key players out and 2 is all Ventura got and he charged the mound 

10 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Well it started in the playoffs last year in game 5, Bautista hit a 3 run homer off Texas to go ahead and eventually win the game and the series and he flipped the bat in a way that came off as smug. During Bautista's last at bat against the Rangers this season they hit him with a pitch a 98 mph ball on the upper body(most see it as intentional). Bautista came into second on a hard slide to Odor and then the fight broke out. As far as suspension it will probably be closer to 2-3 games, a 20 game would be too decisive if you took key players out and 2 is all Ventura got and he charged the mound 

There's no way Odor only gets a 2 or 3 game suspension for straight up punching a guy square in the jaw. Odor has a history of pulling shit like this too, so he doesn't get any "first time offender" benefit of the doubt. It might not be 20 but it should be double digits.

And Ventura charging the mound happened 23 years ago, so that's not really a measuring stick for modern MLB punishment.

10 hours ago, catalinacaper said:

I thought Bautista was asking for it... but that's just me. It was a sweet right hook. 

Asking for it because of the dirty slide? If it was anyone but Odor that got pissed off about it then maybe, but he's been one of the dirtiest sliders in the league since he came up. The kid is a fucking goon and needs to be put in his place.

CRAeOR5U8AAPN7e.jpg

6a17ffb9c3434c0fea120a1dc44eb0c7.jpg

475625234-rougned-odor-of-the-texas-rang

Edited by 3arl

suspensions have come a loooong way. in regards to the old days and what not..I'm sure you've all seen this (maybe) but there wasnt a single ejection or suspensions. Shove/punch combo starts at :15s

got right back on base and finished out the game.

Edited by abovetheearth