MLB Discussion

On 05/02/2017 at 5:58 PM, lastvaultboy said:

Rather than throwing up a new thread, thought I'd try here!

We'd like to catch a baseball game (pun intended) while in the states this year. Ideally Chicago but potentially Seattle too. 

Can anyone assist in the best place to sit and to find tickets? Chicago will be July 8th or Seattle is June 22nd or 23rd. 

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated - cheers.

Go Cubs/Mariners! 

Can anyone offer any advice?

On 3/23/2017 at 2:43 AM, lastvaultboy said:

Can anyone offer any advice?

stubhub is where I usually go.  Cubs tickets are going to be probably pricey because they just won the WS and are going to be a good team again this year.  Seattle tickets... who knows.  I havent been to either stadium, but I have never been to a park with bad seats.  I would recommend sitting between the basepaths/dugouts, on any level.  You usually get the best vantage point of the game from there without breaking the bank.  Best seats are behind homeplate on any level.  I avoid bleacher seats in the outfield if I can, I prefer to sit looking out at the outfield, not the other way in.  

20 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

stubhub is where I usually go.  Cubs tickets are going to be probably pricey because they just won the WS and are going to be a good team again this year.  Seattle tickets... who knows.  I havent been to either stadium, but I have never been to a park with bad seats.  I would recommend sitting between the basepaths/dugouts, on any level.  You usually get the best vantage point of the game from there without breaking the bank.  Best seats are behind homeplate on any level.  I avoid bleacher seats in the outfield if I can, I prefer to sit looking out at the outfield, not the other way in.  

That's really helpful. Thanks very much for the help. I'll take a little look around this weekend and see what I can find!

On 2017-3-24 at 1:07 PM, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Thanks again for this and pointing me to StubHub. Got some nice seats in section 416 - not a terrible price either!

• 10 months later...

To say the Pirates have betrayed me or any of their fans by trading McCutchen and Cole is incorrect. Any Pirate fan has been through this before. Over and over again. Decades of rebuilding. They didn't betray us. The Pirates did exactly what they've done for the past almost thirty years.

I think the glimmer of hope due to the couple wild card appearances recently made the current deconstruction of the team sting a little more. 

Of course the Pirates traded away their best. Nutting, the owner, doesn't want to win. He wants to make money. And this deconstruction stung enough that I'm not giving any more money. I'm heading to some minor league games this summer instead. They have cheaper beer too. 

Venting over. Thanks for reading.  

its tough being a brewers fan and a pirates fan because I constantly see how one franchise does it right, and the other does it wrong.  It all stems from ownership.  I have friends not in Pittsburgh who blame Conley/Huntington, as if they have any freedom to spend and sign players, who don't understand that it all stems from ownership.  Nutting is the worst.  He is a snake oil salesman.  "reinvesting" in baseball operations, i'd love to know who owns the businesses who have the contracts to build and maintain the facilities in Florida/Carribean/Latin America.  I will not put it past Nutting to some how funnel profit sharing money into his pockets.

• 2 weeks later...

The pirates had their window and they did not convert it into success in the postseason, I think it's to be expected they would dump their players of interest (who are mostly past their prime) for younger guys and try again. It's always disheartening but without even a pennant from consecutive playoff appearances it's hard to not try a new direction for the club  from the management's perspective  

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

does anybody live in springfield (illinois) or kansas city? i got invited to the negro league baseball museum next week by the guy who runs it, and i'm trying to find places to sleep for the one night i'll be staying in each place. if you can help, hit me up.

if you've never been to the negro league baseball museum, put it at the very top of your "to do" list. i was there a couple years ago and it's one of the best museums i've been to. baseball or otherwise.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...