MLB Discussion

Looks like the Dodger pitching staff may be coming around. Not sure what to make of Ely in so far as how consistent he can be but he does throw strikes. And for a fourth starter that's all you want, really. Kershaw has looked outstanding in his last 3 starts and Bills has been much, much better. Kuroda is as he always has been. I'm not so down as I was earlier though I'm still bitter this whole divorce thing has put the Dodgers in the position they're in right now. They should have a much better team.

so doug davis, one of the pitchers I really liked on the brewres rotation a few years ago just because of his consistancy and stamina, came back this season for a one year deal. he's now on the DL for a heart condition that you hear about on House all the time. Kinda bummed, guy is an alright pitcher, a really good clubhouse guy, and is yet another blow to the brewers rotation.

one AWESOME story though is that of Chris Capuano, an 18 game winner a few years ago. had his second tommy john surgery before last season, hasnt pitched in the majors in 2 years, and is up at AAA doing pretty well. He was another pitcher I was a big fan of, and I am really rooting for him to make it back to the majors after 2 tommy johns.

all I really care is that jeff suppan is out of the rotation. what a bust/stupid signing that was...

so doug davis, one of the pitchers I really liked on the brewres rotation a few years ago just because of his consistancy and stamina, came back this season for a one year deal. he's now on the DL for a heart condition that you hear about on House all the time. Kinda bummed, guy is an alright pitcher, a really good clubhouse guy, and is yet another blow to the brewers rotation.

one AWESOME story though is that of Chris Capuano, an 18 game winner a few years ago. had his second tommy john surgery before last season, hasnt pitched in the majors in 2 years, and is up at AAA doing pretty well. He was another pitcher I was a big fan of, and I am really rooting for him to make it back to the majors after 2 tommy johns.

all I really care is that jeff suppan is out of the rotation. what a bust/stupid signing that was...

Jeff Suppan's baserunning Gaffe was part of the Sox Sweep in 2004. Which is funny as he was on the Sox when he was drafted AND again in 2003.

Guess I cant completely blame this latest blown save on Fuentes but still.....fuck that guy. Atleast they won it in the bottom of the 9th.

Read an article today that said the Angels are the frontrunners for Oswalt, and one of the GMs was quoted as saying something like if he was going to Vegas he would go all in on the Angels getting Oswalt. Would be nice to land a guy like that as long as they dont have to give up too much.

Guess I cant completely blame this latest blown save on Fuentes but still.....fuck that guy. Atleast they won it in the bottom of the 9th.

Read an article today that said the Angels are the frontrunners for Oswalt, and one of the GMs was quoted as saying something like if he was going to Vegas he would go all in on the Angels getting Oswalt. Would be nice to land a guy like that as long as they dont have to give up too much.

probably will have to give up a few pieces to get him, won't get him cheap thats for sure

probably will have to give up a few pieces to get him, won't get him cheap thats for sure

I guess the first one would be Kazmir and I have absolutely no problem at all with that. Im hearing they want prospects like Trevor Reckling who is the Angels top pitching prospect and/or Mike Trout who is really yound and I think still in A ball but suppose to be just a beast on offense and defense. They definitely need some pitching help tho in the rotation and definitely in the pen as well. Since they didnt do shit before this season they should be set up to make some big moves at the deadline or in the off season.

I would give up a ton for Oswalt. A proven ace thats under your control for the next 2.5 years? Yes plz.

He's had some major back/injury issues though. Even still I'm with you. I'd love for him to be the ace for the Doyers. Then the staff goes from "okay" to top-end. Especially given how Bills has turned around.

yeah, id stay away from oswalt. all his lingering issues, and being a small dude, kinda scary. just my opinion. kinda like peavy, saw that coming from a mile away. both dudes throw hard, kinda like wagner, and are small and just break down all at once! kinda like running backs in the nfl once they hit 30 hahaha

on a side note, i love the padres, so fun to watch them pitch, not so fun watching them hit. please get another bat and stop allowing gwynn play! his at bats are painful

who do you think is gonna get involved in the almost obvious cliff lee sweepstakes?

short list:

dodgers

cardinals

mets

detroit

yankees

i honestly don't think the yanks will.... the mariners basically said they'd want montero, and like 3 high level prospects... thats way too much for a rental on a guy you'd have to pay 100M+ after the season is over, and the yanks have 4.5 reliable starters already... i'd say definitely the mets, altho they don't have much left in the farm system to trade... maybe boston if they're anywhere close to the WC come the deadline... and those dudes have young talent to burn

short list:

dodgers

cardinals

mets

detroit

yankees

i honestly don't think the yanks will.... the mariners basically said they'd want montero, and like 3 high level prospects... thats way too much for a rental on a guy you'd have to pay 100M+ after the season is over, and the yanks have 4.5 reliable starters already... i'd say definitely the mets, altho they don't have much left in the farm system to trade... maybe boston if they're anywhere close to the WC come the deadline... and those dudes have young talent to burn

yeah, id have to agree with you then, i wouldnt give up montero either! haha you know the yankees though! haha when i saw that jackson/granderson trade...in my opinion, bad move! love jackson!

i trully see the dodgers in on lee or oswalt, mets forsure as well! cardinals basically just lost loshe for awhile if not the year, and who knows how long penny! and if detrot can stay in it, i see them going after lee or oswalt too! but yeah, 100% lee will be moved, i say 50/50 depending on how huge and offer houston gets, oswalt will be moved!

i think this trade deadline will be fun this year, i think so many teams are in it, its gonna be a fun last few days of july! last minute trades!

please padres get atleast one bat! haha i love them allowing venable to play, i like him! maybe give durango a shot! gwynn is horrible! and i think blanks will be good!

yeah the jackson/granderson thing had me on the fence... but granderson was playing so well before he got hurt... and jackson is doing well too.. so i think it was a relatively balanced trade overall. And i'd be royally pissed if they got rid of montero... i doubt that jorge is going to get a contract extention past what he's due.... and those are BIG shoes to fill as far as offensive numbers.