MLB Discussion

how do the supplemental picks work... wouldnt the yanks get 2 picks for losing A level talent like Matsui, and Damon? or do they basically trade those picks for other free agent signings?

They should have two for Damon (Type A FA), but wouldn't have received any for Matsui (he missed almost all of 2008, which hurt his ranking). Not sure if they still have the picks though...

was hoping the yanks would take Ranaudo after he fell to them at the last pick. the one time i wouldn't care if they drafted a kid with injury problems.

i had the pleasure of watching Ranaudo pitch in high school and he had some of the best stuff for a high school kid i'v ever seen. he was a beast in high school. he threw back-to-back no hitters as a sophomore and had 99 strikeouts and an ERA under 1 as a junior. his senior year was a bit of a down year by his standards but at that point he already signed with LSU and had won a state championship.

I am hopefully going to watch the game tonight. I'm gonna go over to a friend who has the MLB network. I drafted him in my fantasy baseball league and I have been hearing all the scouting reports and waiting for this day so I hope he doesn't fall flat on his face. Everything I have read and what I saw with his last triple A game on Versus he is the real deal.

man, strasburg was awesome! unbeleivable! i saw him once last year at tony gwynn stadium in san diego when he was at sdsu, it was amazing to see him pitch that close, good for him!

he went to high school in san diego, west hills! out of high school, no one recruited him! the pitching coas for sdsu at the time basically had to convince gywnn they could work with him! when he first showed up, he had no training of any kind, through low 90s tops! by the end of first year, 98!! just got him in shape, running, and stronger!

so rad to see!! i love baseball

,ike stanton was pretty awesome in his debut for the marlins as well!

Pretty smart of Washington to start him when they did. The way the schedule works out this is who he faces in his first 4 starts:

Pirates

Indians

White Sox

Orioles or Royals (depending on if they don't give him an extra day of rest)

Now that is a recipe for big league success.

you almost wonder if they'll schedule him a lil weird to keep all his starts at home... and bank off the sell out crowds