MLB Discussion

Hopefully next year the outfield can stay healthier and Puig matures his game a little.

Still have to get through a veteran ball club in the SF Giants, and the SD Padres had two of their better pitchers injured all year. We'll see next year!

Why do I hate the Cardinals? I have no idea really. But I will say I'm rooting for Boston Red Sox in the World Series. I mean, Jake Peavy winning a ring? That would be phenomenal! This dude is a baseball lifer. I think we would've won a couple more playoff games during his reign in a Padres uniform if it weren't for him being the ace arm for team USA during world baseball cup classic. 

At any rate, hoping for a good series, stretched to 7 games please!

Still have to get through a veteran ball club in the SF Giants, and the SD Padres had two of their better pitchers injured all year. We'll see next year!

Why do I hate the Cardinals? I have no idea really. But I will say I'm rooting for Boston Red Sox in the World Series. I mean, Jake Peavy winning a ring? That would be phenomenal! This dude is a baseball lifer. I think we would've won a couple more playoff games during his reign in a Padres uniform if it weren't for him being the ace arm for team USA during world baseball cup classic. 

At any rate, hoping for a good series, stretched to 7 games please!

assuming you're from SD, i gotta say i'm really excited about tyson ross. i feel like i'm the only one.

SHANE VICTORINO SHOWED TOO MUCH EMOTION AROUND THE BASES!! SOMEONE CALL THE UNWRITTEN RULES POLICE!!! No really I can't stand him.

Red Sox deserved the win. Scherzer should have not have come out. Not a good move. I like Uehara, he's been awesome. I think this world series will go 7.

Watching this Sox team is a lot like watching 2004. I'm not saying the WS result will be the same but the clubhouse atmosphere and camaraderie feels similar for sure.

johnny gomes. he's this year's kevin millar, and that's exactly what cherington was hoping for when he signed him.

Some facts:

Boston won the series with only a .202 BA. Tigers are the Yankees Central when it comes to the playoffs. Past few years they can't do anything with their bats in the post season.

First time in 14 years where both teams in the world series had the best regular season records in their league.

man, be a yankees fan your whole life and make one facebook post about rooting for the sox in the series and everyone loses their minds

seriously i'm adult enough to recognize an awesome team when i see one. worst to first is something to be celebrated in this game.

i'd upvote, but they're long gone thanks to crazyteets

I blame Prince and Leyland for that loss.

Prince is easy -- paid $20 million and didn't earn 20 cents.

Leyland 1) should have moved Prince down in the order. EVERYBODY knew that he wasn't right. It's not like it would be permanent for the next 7 years. Do what it takes to win the game and worry about egos and salaries later and 2) Everytime he started tinkering with that bullpen they got rocked. He's only got about 4 good bullpen pitchers and he would blow through on the Sox 1-5 hitters each time. Just trust your guy and let him work through it, especially when you are up 4 runs. Never during the season did he manage that way. I don't think these guys were used to being one out pitchers.

i'll be surprised if he performs up to one-third the value of his salary. that rotation is a mess. cain, bumgarner, who else? lincecum as #3, then vogelsong/gaudin/petit? christ. no one in the minors close to ready, either. they probably couldn't must up enough quality prospects to trade for david price.

better rotation than the angels, though. makes me miserable...