MLB Discussion

cards in 6. easy money! especially if ortiz is relegated to a pinch-hit role in st. louis.

want to know what Giants fans are thinking right now that they've got The Freak for redic money

two of the guys in my fantasy league are bay area natives and were defending this (of course). first saying he'll bounce back, then saying he's helping bridge the gap between now and 2015 when their "top of the rotation" arms come up from the minors. which is equally dumb. because if he's bridging the gap for one year then why sign him for two? regardless of his salary. so they're blindly supporting it. i'm sure a lot of giants fans are.

cards in 6. easy money! especially if ortiz is relegated to a pinch-hit role in st. louis.

two of the guys in my fantasy league are bay area natives and were defending this (of course). first saying he'll bounce back, then saying he's helping bridge the gap between now and 2015 when their "top of the rotation" arms come up from the minors. which is equally dumb. because if he's bridging the gap for one year then why sign him for two? regardless of his salary. so they're blindly supporting it. i'm sure a lot of giants fans are.

Ortiz typically plays first in NL parks, they could put Napoli behind the plate but he hasn't caught a game all season and he has old man hips.

I'm gonna guess they'll both get at least one start at 1B with the other available to pinch hit. 

In 2004 I had tickets for game #5 in st louis....that didn't turn out well.

However in 2011 I had tickets for game #6 that turned out real well!

Haha yeah. I'm a huge Boston fan. My dad grew up in MA so he's been a lifelong red sox fan and that rubbed off on me growing up.

I'm going with my wife and father in law and their entire family are diehard cardinal fans so its really funny/awesome that our teams are playing each other.

From Kozma wikipedia: "In the 2013 World Series, Kozma made a crucial error in the first game that gave Boston an insurmountable lead. Kozma is now synonymous with Bill Buckner who, ironically, is a former Boston player who made a crucial error in the 1986 World Series."

That was fast, and seems overblown. His first WS right? Probably just a few first night jitters. 

Thank god I was still at work during that call. I probably would have had a heart attack seeing him say out. Even on the replay, I was haunted by knoblauchs phantom tag.

If Ortiz is able to display more power tonight, it's going to be real tough to sit him at all in St. Louis. Dude is just locked in right now.

From Kozma wikipedia: "In the 2013 World Series, Kozma made a crucial error in the first game that gave Boston an insurmountable lead. Kozma is now synonymous with Bill Buckner who, ironically, is a former Boston player who made a crucial error in the 1986 World Series."

That was fast, and seems overblown. His first WS right? Probably just a few first night jitters. 

This is hilarious!!  This is why you never rely on Wikipedia, though....anybody can edit it.  Post has since been taken down, btw.

So stupid. Not even on the same level.

As for Buckner I really feel bad for him. Yeah he booted the ball that won Game 6. But that was after Schiraldi and Stanley shit the bed. Mets had nobody on with two outs. Then they had a chance in game 7. For further reference: