MLB Discussion

I've barely seen good baseball in this series! Tons of nerves and sloppy plays. But I guess that makes it exciting for the opposing team. 

THIS TIMES A MILLION HOLY SHIT.

also, fuck Beltran, he totally leaned into that pitch.  fuck the cardinals and the cardinal way.

Watching the replay in a somewhat sober state, and I'm still pissed. No one takes umbrage with Craig tripping over MIddlebrooks a good two yards towards second base? He wasn't even in the baseline.

And once again, never touched home.

Watching the replay in a somewhat sober state, and I'm still pissed. No one takes umbrage with Craig tripping over MIddlebrooks a good two yards towards second base? He wasn't even in the baseline.

And once again, never touched home.

Yeah man it was a blown call for sure.  Let's just hope the Sox can move past it.  They have a very good chance to light up Lynn tonight.

Yeah man it was a blown call for sure.  Let's just hope the Sox can move past it.  They have a very good chance to light up Lynn tonight.

You two are the only ones saying it I think.

Anyone remember Tejada being interfered with in Boston and being called out? And the umpires actually going over with good ol Bud Selig to ask him what the call should be? What a joke that was.

Ah gotcha. The HardballTalk article cleared things up. I honestly don't blame Middlebrooks for what he did. I would do it too and hope it doesn't get called because there is no play at the plate if Middlebrooks is out of way.

Exactly. If you dont try to get away with the trip then Craig scores regardless. The real criminal here is Salty who put Middlebrooks in that position.

He was out of the baseline and never touched the plate.

It's bullshit and I feel cheated.

The runner establishes his own baseline in that situation. A runner would have a different baseline rounding third from second then he would tagging up, so he had the right to get off the ground and establish himself wherever he was. He doesnt have to touch the plate if the umpire made the call. Craig could have ran to center field if he wanted to after the call was made.Why is no one mad at Saltamachhia at making that throw? Such an awful decision. Also say the picther balked with the winning runner at third in the 9th inning. Is an umpire not going to call a balk because "gamez should neva end on a balk..lolz!" Everyone except Boston fans seem to understand this...

it just seems awfully convenient that the baseline he decided to establish for himself was the one where there was a guy laying on the ground.. rather than the wide open white chalk that lead to the plate.

of course people are mad at salty- it's been said 100 times on the last 2 pages.

it's already been said but salty royally fucked up and should have his fucking baseball privileges revoked. worse, that was the second time he has made a shit throw to third in this postseason ALONE and cost the red sox runs. i think the other time was also on a game-ending play. the overthrow to bogaerts, yeah? i think it was game 2.

the worst part is pedroia made one of the most incredible clutch plays i've ever seen and salty basically just gave him a big fuck you with that throw and his play will be overshadowed by the controversy. seriously, i screamed like a little girl when he speared the ball. can't say for sure that uehara would've shut it down with 2 outs and 1st and 3rd but he's any team's best bet to do so.

it just seems awfully convenient that the baseline he decided to establish for himself was the one where there was a guy laying on the ground.. rather than the wide open white chalk that lead to the plate.

of course people are mad at salty- it's been said 100 times on the last 2 pages.

craig just popped up and ran. he started to trip over middlebrooks before he had finished looking at the ball. it's unfortunate but craig establishing his baseline was him probably thinking "holy shit balls" when he saw the throw get past and just trying to book it. the red sox fans who think he deliberately tripped over middlebrooks are delusional.

also, let's not hesitate to blame middlebrooks for making the most pathetic diving attempt to stop holliday's 2-RBI triple.

i just can't help but what-if the hell out of that game. ferrell made A LOT of mistakes, and putting middlebrooks in at 3rd was definitely one of them. what if xander was still on the corner? does he stop holliday's ball? salty's throw?