MLB Discussion

I'm really into sports logos, I hate the Padres uniforms and logo and color scheme. It's just super, super boring. I was hoping their revamp this offseason would bring some changes to their overall look.

So it was literal, yeah, I was lost. Are you in the whole bring back the Brown/Gold camp?

3 of the 5 NL Central teams occupy playoff spots at this time.  it was just 5 or 6 years ago the NL Central was the laughing stock of the league

Exactly why its a good time to be mediocre in the division. At most those three can make the playoffs (unlikely even at that) and to me it would be much worse to play .550 baseball, take on salary at the deadline to try and win now, and miss the playoffs than to play .480 baseball and take advantage of a buyers market to be better in the future (when there's less parity at the top)

I know, thats just me being overly optimistic after the last 6 weeks.

unless the Pirates/Cardinals have an epic collapse like Milwaukee did last year, they're both locked for the playoffs.  I wont be shocked if the playin game is the Pirates v. Cubs in Pittsburgh.

I am all for shortening the regular season to add more playoffs.  

I think the playoffs are perfect the way they are (minus the stupid play in game). If they want to shorten the season, they should also move the playoffs up some too, so the WS isnt being finished in November.

It will be interesting to see if the season does get shortened, on one hand, I think the players would go for it, but I also wonder how it will change contracts. Less games means like chances to break single season/career records, so the players will make less that way, and will teams want cheaper contracts since they will get less home games/meaning less money to be made?

I think the playoffs are perfect the way they are (minus the stupid play in game). If they want to shorten the season, they should also move the playoffs up some too, so the WS isnt being finished in November.

It will be interesting to see if the season does get shortened, on one hand, I think the players would go for it, but I also wonder how it will change contracts. Less games means like chances to break single season/career records, so the players will make less that way, and will teams want cheaper contracts since they will get less home games/meaning less money to be made?

162 game season didnt start until 1961, records prior to then we're made in shorter seasons

I believe the MLBPA has already discussed a shorter season with the league, 154 games. I doubt it would add to the playoffs though, but it might?

The great thing about that trade from a neutral perspective is that it doesn't set the bar super high on what teams are going to look for in return for moving bigger names. Granted the Astros are prospect rich, so Billy Beane probably had an orgasm scouting his return, but still.

I want to see mayhem.

Tried to post that before but the board wasn't working.

Rumor is that the Pirates are going to add a RP and Cole Hamels may be a Cub very soon.

Im happy for Rami, his career has gone full circle to his original team, and hopefully, he gets a deep run in his final year.  Kid milwaukee got was just converted to a RP a year ago, throws in the upper 90's and gets a good bit of groundballs.  Doubt he amounts to much though, seems more of a deal just to move some salary and give a respected guy a shot at something he didnt get when he signed with milwaukee, time in the playoffs.

Tried to post that before but the board wasn't working.

Rumor is that the Pirates are going to add a RP and Cole Hamels may be a Cub very soon.

But I want Hamels to win another WS. :)

I read that Cleveland is getting a lot of interest in Mike Aviles, but refuses to trade him while his daughter battles leukemia.