MLB Discussion

It's really unfortunate for the NL Central that 2 of the 3 will be eliminated by the NLDS because of the bracketing.

But awesome for impartial fans like me!

So glad the Astros are out of that division. I miss the rivalries, but wouldn't want to be caught up in that pennant race for the foreseeable future.

Wisler is not doing well at all. They should have senthim back down before it ruins all of his confidence.

Unfortunately by trading Wood they put themselves in a position where they have to start 3 rookies. With Banuelos on an innings limit.. they don't have much to cover the innings with. I agree he needs some more time though. I like Wisler, but he's clearly pitching to contact and right now it's way too much hard contact.

• 2 weeks later...

and then passed every single test he took for the rest of his career that included 3 rings that heavily relied on his clutchness, and all sorts of records set within an organization that's been around for over a hundred years

and then passed every single test he took for the rest of his career that included 3 rings that heavily relied on his clutchness, and all sorts of records set within an organization that's been around for over a hundred years

Well that's great, he also failed a few too. You dont get a pass because you passed every test after the first ones you failed. A-Rod wouldnt get a pass now if he never tested dirty the second time, he would still be labeled a cheater.

and there isnt a lick of information behind what he failed for. until someone comes out with information that says "no really.. it was steroids" then i'm going to stand by that whole innocent until proven.

arod doesnt get a pass because hes a lying manipulative scumbag who was not only an admitted repeat offender, but he's just a shithead who's bad or the game.

tough call. The whole "he was a hall of farmer before he took steroids" argument doesn't seem to have worked for Bonds so it seems like a double standard to give Ortiz a pass because he's been so good after the (main) steroid era.

Pulling for the dude though. Don't know how you couldn't like the guy (maybe not when he's hitting grand slams against your team in the ALCS but otherwise).

tough call. The whole "he was a hall of farmer before he took steroids" argument doesn't seem to have worked for Bonds so it seems like a double standard to give Ortiz a pass because he's been so good after the (main) steroid era.

Pulling for the dude though. Don't know how you couldn't like the guy (maybe not when he's hitting grand slams against your team in the ALCS but otherwise).

The reason it works so strongly against Bonds is because it was beyond egregious. Not only tripling the size of his physique, but also in destroying the single season and all time records. It was entirely personal glory, and the only thing it did for his organization was draw hype.