MLB Discussion

I'm actually kind of pissed now that I'm reading it's a 6 year deal. WTF you wouldn't sign Greinke to 6 years but you'll do it for Cueto who is not as good. I'm still pleased, and hopefully Righetti will straighten him out

I would rather have the Cueto deal BY FAR. Cueto's stock about as low as it has been in 5 years and Greinke will never approach what he did this year again. Cueto also younger.

I'm not positive I would take Greinke over Cueto if the money was equal. Probably, but not by a lot.

new league.

yes. exposed in the AL.

different defense was ranked top 5 best. I think he's solid too. but he got shelled. but for all the stats we love in here, I'll just chalk it up to fatigue.

And yet for 5 years he pitched in one of hitterfriendliest parks in baseball and put up pretty impressive numbers at home.. anf he's going to be pitching in a pitcher friendly park now? Sign me up.

• 3 weeks later...

so much for the "shit i forgot to clear out my cookies" defense... 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/the-details-in-the-cardinals-astros-hacking-scandal-are-insane-211314578.html

Some of the things that were done - pretty serious:

• Correa accessed the Astros' Ground Control system on June 8, 2013 (the third day of the draft) and looked at Houston's reports on players. Among them: one player the Astros would pick that day, a player who was drafted by another team and the players the Cardinals drafted the previous day.

• On July 31, 2013, the MLB trade deadline, Correa accessed Ground Control and looked at the Astros' notes on trade discussions.

• On March 10, 2014, Correa gained access to Ground Control after the Astros had changed its URL and all of its users' passwords. In the days before this breach, the Astros' system had gotten national attention from a Houston Chronicle article, so they changed the URL and reset everyone's passwords in order to prevent this exact type of activity. However, Correa hacked into an exec's e-mail account to get the new URL and password, then viewed 118 pages of the Astros' draft rankings, scouting reports and trade notes.

I think the commissioner has to come down pretty hard on St. Louis so they set a precedent about this kind of thing.

so much for the "shit i forgot to clear out my cookies" defense... 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/the-details-in-the-cardinals-astros-hacking-scandal-are-insane-211314578.html

Some of the things that were done - pretty serious:

• Correa accessed the Astros' Ground Control system on June 8, 2013 (the third day of the draft) and looked at Houston's reports on players. Among them: one player the Astros would pick that day, a player who was drafted by another team and the players the Cardinals drafted the previous day.

• On July 31, 2013, the MLB trade deadline, Correa accessed Ground Control and looked at the Astros' notes on trade discussions.

• On March 10, 2014, Correa gained access to Ground Control after the Astros had changed its URL and all of its users' passwords. In the days before this breach, the Astros' system had gotten national attention from a Houston Chronicle article, so they changed the URL and reset everyone's passwords in order to prevent this exact type of activity. However, Correa hacked into an exec's e-mail account to get the new URL and password, then viewed 118 pages of the Astros' draft rankings, scouting reports and trade notes.

I think the commissioner has to come down pretty hard on St. Louis so they set a precedent about this kind of thing.

And in the 2014 draft, the Astros went first and the Cardinals went last, meaning that except for the first few rounds with comp picks, the Cardinals were drafting directly ahead of the Astros. So all that access clearly could have effected the draft.

As an Astros fan, I obviously have a biased view of this issue, but this really is a big deal. Hopefully Manfred takes picks from the Cardinals. I don't even care if they are awarded to the Astros (although I'd be happy if they were).

Wow yes he should definitely be banned from MLB for life + whatever the court decides to do with him.  However, not sure why the team should be penalized.Penalize players & owners that had nothing to do with it?  Also this isn't just because Im a Cardinal fan.  I find it dumb that college teams get banned when coaches do something wrong.  SO some 18 year old kid gets penalized?