MLB Discussion

I would hate to see Manny on the Yankees. I hope that doesnt happen and as far as Griffey taking a reduced roll at a chance for a ring w/ the White Sox.....um....the Sox will 100% not win the WS. They might not even make the playoffs.

Better chance than the Reds.

Thats not really saying much haha.

i think the pirates are smart dealing nady and bay. with this new front office they're restocking the minors to build the team for the future. McClouth, McCutcheon, Doumit in the OF, Bautista at C, Mencehcizntz 3B, Wilson SS, Sanchez 2B, LaRoche 1B and then the pitching has just gotten (if the manny trade goes through) 6 new arms to add to the bullpen/rotation. i'm kind of excited for the future of te pirates

MLB.com's Bill Chastain with the scoop - the Rays have acquired Jason Bay for Reid Brignac and Jeff Niemann. The Rays haven't confirmed it yet though, and Rosenthal says the Bucs want to replace Niemann with other prospects. I wonder if Bay would DH for the Rays.

Will we see a Jack Wilson trade next, or will that wait until the offseason? Brignac, 22, is hitting .257/.304/.429 in 91 Triple A games. He probably isn't ready yet. Baseball America still expects him to develop into a solid offensive-minded shortstop.

Niemann, 25, has a 3.53 ERA in 18 Triple A starts this year. He'll probably go straight into the Pirates' rotation. Baseball America feels he has #2 or #3 starter stuff, but his star has dimmed in recent times.

hasn't been confirmed, thought it was, sorry.

i think the pirates are smart dealing nady and bay. with this new front office they're restocking the minors to build the team for the future. McClouth, McCutcheon, Doumit in the OF, Bautista at C, Mencehcizntz 3B, Wilson SS, Sanchez 2B, LaRoche 1B and then the pitching has just gotten (if the manny trade goes through) 6 new arms to add to the bullpen/rotation. i'm kind of excited for the future of te pirates

so they can shred all the talent to the league leading teams for a couple more years to come?

so they can shred all the talent to the league leading teams for a couple more years to come?

nope, new GM, I don't see much more of that after the start of next season. they'll probably get rid of Wilson in the offseason, LaRoche as well, and then restructure a fe wplayers to make it work and then develop the farm system they would have just traded for and build a team like the Brewers/Tampa Bay did.

but not NL West terrible!

No. Worse.

The NL West is pretty pathetic as a division this year. This is why the top 4 teams should go to the playoffs. Not the winner of each division and a wildcard. None of the teams in the NL west deserve to be in the post season. Would make it much more competitive if it was just the top 4 teams from the AL and NL.

Well the NL west just got much better. Dodgers have a legit shot of making the playoffs. Prolly get tossed in the first round if they make it tho. Im cool with that. Get Manny out of the AL. I fear Manny much more than Jason Bay. Bay is solid tho.

Sammy is stoked. That GM fianlly did something right.