MLB Discussion

No. Worse.

The NL West is pretty pathetic as a division this year. This is why the top 4 teams should go to the playoffs. Not the winner of each division and a wildcard. None of the teams in the NL west deserve to be in the post season. Would make it much more competitive if it was just the top 4 teams from the AL and NL.

Well the Dodgers specifically are break-even against the Angels at 3-3. They beat Weaver, Saunders, and Santana and lost 1-0 to Lackey.

vs. Pitts 2W, 1L

vs. MIL 2W, 1L

vs. STL 1W, 2L

vs. Cinc 7W, 1L

vs. Atl 2W, 4L

vs. NYM 3W, 4L

vs. FLA 4W, 3L

vs. HOU 3W, 4L

vs. CHI 2W, 5L

And it goes on. Some teams they did horribly against but then they dominated Cincy. The West isn't as bad as people make it out to be. All 3 of the top teams put on decent showings against the rest of the NL and beat-up on each other. Remember, Colorado went to the World Series last year out of the West.

Man-Ram woohoo! For one dude. Now that's a fucking steal

no kidding. I wonder if the sox don't have to pay the rest of his salary? he's still a free agent at the end of the year though, right?

glad to see his ego and attitude going, but bummed to see his bat leave.

He's got a club option, meaning the Dodgers can pick it up and pay him $20 next year or let him become a free agent.

We'll take Ortiz next if you'd like, or better yet Beckett

hahaha, I bet those dudes aren't leaving anytime soon. want Lugo?

Sure, we'll give you a bag of balls.

no kidding. I wonder if the sox don't have to pay the rest of his salary? he's still a free agent at the end of the year though, right?

He's got a club option, meaning the Dodgers can pick it up and pay him $20 next year or let him become a free agent.

ah, ok, gotcha.

and I'd take a bag of balls for lugo. what a dink.

The reports are that the options had to be dropped as part of the deal, so he is officially a FA at the end of the year.

But that can be an advantage to LA though given that when he signs elsewhere, if he does, they are entitled to a couple monster compensation picks if he walks. I am not familiar with the players LA gave up here, but trading them for 2 months of manny and 2 first round picks cant be bad.

Southern California just became an even better place to watch baseball. Wow.

Pirates made out pretty well too. It's funny, but the loser in this whole deal is probably Boston. Bay's good, but he's no Manny.

He's 29, he's got 64 RBIs and he's OBPS'ing almost .900. Ain't too shabby when everyone in the world knows you want to get rid of a guy. Plus you have to figure Bay's numbers are going up in Boston with people on in front of him and that big ass wall to aim at. Manny is probably still one of the best if not the best right handed stick in the game so no one is going to replace him but Bay is probably as good as they could have dreamed to get.