PO: Julien Baker - Little Oblivions (Feb. ‘21)

4 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Holy hell ya'll are ridiculous. Went with an indie yellow from Bullmoose. $26 shipped. Spotify, 6131 were sold out. Julien still has bundle but IMO that shirt is ugly, so don't want $36 + shipping. 

https://store.matadorrecords.com/little-oblivions

I think this is the variant you are referring to... you can get it without the shirt.

1 minute ago, MCDELTAT said:

Every record has splatter these days. Once you have 200+ records of them, it gets old. I'm at the point where if it's available I'll grab a "cooler" variant, but not going to chase them down. Still prefer a nice solid color over black though. Labels charge the same price for black when we all know it's much cheaper to produce.

IDK, The 6131 Sprained Ankle Purple w/ White splatter is still enamoring, but I do wish these indie labels were as creative as the metal labels with colored vinyl

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I probably wouldn’t have ordered if she kept wallowing around in the Sprained Ankle sound, personally.  TOTL has some moments but my eyes didn’t really light up with this release announcement until I saw the mention of broader instrument inclusion, this time around.  Hearing the new single also really helped, too.  As mentioned above, it sure does seem like Phoebe’s style is permeating into Julien’s songwriting and I’m enjoying it.  Or the potential of it, at least.

Yup. Derek nailed it. Im just over that early sound of hers.

And I know this will piss some off but her voice isn't my favorite. The best part of the new song was the instruments. Her voice just doesn't fit for me sometimes.

I have to be in a very specific mood to really let her music grab me. She's a great artist no doubt.

2 minutes ago, jkteddy77 said:

IDK, The 6131 Sprained Ankle Purple w/ White splatter is still enamoring, but I do wish these indie labels were as creative as the metal labels with colored vinyl

Honestly I think it's the clear part of the splatters that gets boring. Splatters are great but the clear kinda gets meh

Edited by justin_cole12

Just now, justin_cole12 said:

Honestly I think it's the clear part of the splatters that gets boring. Splatters are great but the clear base gets boring.

Yeah this is what I mean. It's always clear + color or light transparent + splatter (as seen here) since it's the way that makes it pops most. Splatter on opaque is always hit and miss.

6 minutes ago, justin_cole12 said:

Yup. Derek nailed it. Im just over that early sound of hers.

And I know this will piss some off but her voice isn't my favorite. The best part of the new song was the instruments. Her voice just doesn't fit for me sometimes.

I have to be in a very specific mood to really let her music grab me. She's a great artist no doubt.

If you like the fuller instrumentation, you should check out the Star Killers album she did earlier, if you haven't already.  https://thestarkillerstn.bandcamp.com/album/american-blues

This link it's $24 dollars and sold out:
https://julienbaker.com/collections/featured/products/julien-baker-little-oblivions-lp-cd?variant=37132843810999

But with this link it's $18.74 and still available?

Are these the same variant, Clear Yellow w/ Yellow + Black Splatter, limited to /500? Just confused why one is almost $6 bucks more and already sold out.

4 minutes ago, kylet said:

This link it's $24 dollars and sold out:
https://julienbaker.com/collections/featured/products/julien-baker-little-oblivions-lp-cd?variant=37132843810999

But with this link it's $18.74 and still available?

Are these the same variant, Clear Yellow w/ Yellow + Black Splatter, limited to /500? Just confused why one is almost $6 bucks more and already sold out.

Where does it say /500? 

7 minutes ago, kylet said:

I don't think they were available on Matador's store until after they were sold out on Julien's store. Not sure why they would lower the price though.

Edited by Snaggle Von Swift

For those of you not on Twitter, there was some enjoyment to be had today when VMP cryptically posted "If you like the big new album announced today, you'll want to check out our store in an hour . . .", then for some reason Ariana Grande and Adele (and to a much lesser extent, Paul McCartney) fans got hyped thinking it was referring to one of them, then VMP announced they were talking about Julien Baker, leading to the Ariana Grande and Adele fans flipping out with "WTF?" and "WHO?" posts. 

In summary "Giant Meteor 2020."

7 minutes ago, BeardedSteven said:

I woke up late and just got the Matador and 6131 variants so those aren't sold out. Wish I got that Spotify! 

ETA: Looks like the 6131 is gone now. Maybe I got the last one... 

unless you are a completist, I wouldn’t worry about that Spotify one.  Worst looking one of the bunch IMO