PO: Julien Baker - Little Oblivions (Feb. ‘21)

Rogue package update: I finally have my copy! Apparently it was delivered to a doorstep of a house where nobody lived, so a neighbor brought the package to the post office knowing it must be for someone else. I'm glad to have the records, but I'm more excited about the good samaritan who restored my faith in humanity a bit. 

5 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Hearing that this album is actually pretty great.  I’m not enamored with her current discography or anything, but I’m excited that this (allegedly) sounds like a step up for her, albeit much more polished.

I can't imagine a step up for her, as she is already at the top for me.

For those looking for the Flexi: Got mine with the yellow indies variant today via Spillers Records; reached out on Tuesday to see if they still had any Flexi's left and they said they had a few, so if you're looking worth getting in touch. 

There may be some left at Relevant Records Cafe too - they also told me on Tuesday they had 'more than they expected' so may have some left.  Ask before ordering as there isn't any info on their website, but they're very quick to reply. 

35 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

Got the 6131 exclusive today.   Looks awesome and it came with the flexi which was a nice surprise.   

how do many of you store your flexi?  Inside the jacket or outside the jacket?

I have a special filing cabinet in the kitchen for flexis. Mine is plastic and has a replaceable liner, but I've also seen some metal ones. Once the cabinet is full, I move them to a bigger cabinet on the side of the house. These nice gentlemen come pick up the cabinet contents once a week. I can only assume they are achieving them for me somewhere, hopefully in alphabetical order. 

But for real, I just keep them with my 7"s.

On 2/24/2021 at 10:37 AM, Derek™ said:

Hearing that this album is actually pretty great.  I’m not enamored with her current discography or anything, but I’m excited that this (allegedly) sounds like a step up for her, albeit much more polished.

I spun it last night and really enjoyed it. 

cfiV9CQ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, booms528 said:

Anyone else get the VMP variant?  Mine has the foil VMP stamp but is not numbered, though the hype sticker on the front says "limited to 500 foil-stamped & numbered copies" and the one with pics on discogs shows numbering.  Is this normal for VMP?

I have a copy on its way to me thanks to a very kind VC user, and they confirmed it was numbered.

Edit: This one on eBay is numbered as well

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Snaggle Von Swift

18 hours ago, Dhesketh said:

My magnolia clear copy came pretty warped. Saw one on discogs with the same issue so thinking it may be more than a one off issue?  Was able to flatten it, took 2 weeks but it’s perfect now, wondering if anyone else had that issue.

How did you manage to flatten it?

5 hours ago, McCandless said:

How did you manage to flatten it?

Just laid it in between two pieces of glass with a heavy box set on top. Left it on the counter for two weeks and it did the trick.  Played it compared to another variant and sounds the same so no damage.   I’d read about this but never tried till now.  

• 2 weeks later...

Previously, I had only ever listened to Sprained Ankle, and even then, I had only discovered it within the last three weeks, so I'm still very new to this artist. But holy shit guys am I ever kicking myself for sleeping on her for so long. This is wicked. Today I picked up the yellow variant of Little Oblivions from my local record store and the growth between this and her old stuff is incredible, her voice is so much stronger and more confident and it just feels like a... idk. Bigger record? Like more dynamic. Just a newbies opinion. Love this

4 hours ago, Han Solo said:

Previously, I had only ever listened to Sprained Ankle, and even then, I had only discovered it within the last three weeks, so I'm still very new to this artist. But holy shit guys am I ever kicking myself for sleeping on her for so long. This is wicked. Today I picked up the yellow variant of Little Oblivions from my local record store and the growth between this and her old stuff is incredible, her voice is so much stronger and more confident and it just feels like a... idk. Bigger record? Like more dynamic. Just a newbies opinion. Love this

You skip Turn Out The Lights? That's her best one IMO. No record has really clicked for me the same way since!

Glad to see more people jumping on the bandwagon! I truly believe Julien is the greatest songwriter alive. My local shop has a used copy of TOTL on their site for a pretty good price if anyone is interested. 

https://seasickbham.com/products/julien-baker-turn-out-the-lights-lp-green-in-clear-cloud?_pos=2&_sid=92531ab8f&_ss=r