PO: Julien Baker - Little Oblivions (Feb. ‘21)

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

Do you recall when VMP announce their upcoming exclusives?  Newsletters on... Tuesdays?  Wednesdays?  Hope it’s not too enticing — I don’t need to be swayed to drop $36 on a single LP.

Just now, Derek™ said:

Do you recall when VMP announce their upcoming exclusives?  Newsletters on... Tuesdays?  Wednesdays?  Hope it’s not too enticing — I don’t need to be swayed to drop $36 on a single LP.

If VMP is going up today it’d likely just go live in the next half hour or so. No idea what day for sure though.

Why has no one mentioned how atrocious that album art is? Gross.

Song is pretty good though! Variants are boring and I don't feel like ordering something that isn't going to be here to Feb 2021 so I'll just see how much I like the album and then decide if I need a copy. Clear is my go to right now though. Splatters are so worn out on me.

Edited by justin_cole12

1 minute ago, jkteddy77 said:

BLASPHEMY, this is Julien Baker

I probably wouldn’t have ordered if she kept wallowing around in the Sprained Ankle sound, personally.  TOTL has some moments but my eyes didn’t really light up with this release announcement until I saw the mention of broader instrument inclusion, this time around.  Hearing the new single also really helped, too.  As mentioned above, it sure does seem like Phoebe’s style is permeating into Julien’s songwriting and I’m enjoying it.  Or the potential of it, at least.

1 minute ago, jkteddy77 said:

I must be the extravagant one... Why overpay for plain yellow or plain clear when these splatters have the same color but with pizazz?

Every record has splatter these days. Once you have 200+ records of them, it gets old. I'm at the point where if it's available I'll grab a "cooler" variant, but not going to chase them down. Still prefer a nice solid color over black though. Labels charge the same price for black when we all know it's much cheaper to produce.