PO: Jack's Mannequin-The Glass Passenger

Yeah when I asked if it was official and if he was working on it, he said this “Trying to work it out as we speak. It will be an 11 year anniversary edition if I can’t work out a deal with my old label.”

so it it sounds like this MOV version may be legit but not supported by him and we could just end up with another one next year

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2018 at 4:07 PM, nate_8907 said:

Just in case anyone was wondering the differences in art between the original press and the MOV press...

thank you... I've been wanting to post pics of the two, so you saved me some time lol.

This is the first time I've gotten a repress that was different like this... such small, little changes. It makes me wonder why they did those little things. I also noticed the track lengths are different, where the new pressing matches the lengths on Apple Music

Edited by nardes

7 hours ago, nardes said:

thank you... I've been wanting to post pics of the two, so you saved me some time lol.

This is the first time I've gotten a repress that was different like this... such small, little changes. It makes me wonder why they did those little things. I also noticed the track lengths are different, where the new pressing matches the lengths on Apple Music

I thought the changes were super interesting too haha. As a designer, I probably thought way too much about them. I came to the conclusion that they had someone entirely re-design the layout minus being provided with the photos, as close to the original as possible, while making some minor changes whether it was purposeful or not.

Just my take. The changes are interesting regardless. I do like some things about the first press more, but without comparing it, I was still super happy with the repress, for what it's worth haha.

4 hours ago, veggiecorecords said:

Looks like they just went with all black and white instead of the red spots and color photos. Probably to save some money on printing costs? 

There's plenty more differences than that, plus your theory on saving money on a specific area without color isn't true haha. As I said above, someone clearly re-designed the entire layout, almost all of the text is a different font face, size, spacing, but still super close.

34 minutes ago, corey. said:

There's plenty more differences than that, plus your theory on saving money on a specific area without color isn't true haha. As I said above, someone clearly re-designed the entire layout, almost all of the text is a different font face, size, spacing, but still super close.

What are you talking about? Full color printing is more expensive than black and white? That's all I was saying. 

If you look at the back cover, they had to replace the catalog number of the original, which might be the easier reason for making it black. As for the photos...copyright? Idk.:P  

also, all the center label pictures are the same with the MOV press — they’re all different on the original. Oh well...

• 2 years later...