Mogwai - As The Love Continues

23 hours ago, rabbitvinyl said:

Pretty bummed. I finally picked up my reserve copy (the indie yellow) of this from a local shop and Side A seems to be off-pitch. The notes drone and sound way off compared to the digital version I've heard. My tonearm is clearly moving side to side as it tracks, so I'm thinking this is an off-centre pressing issue. 

Has anyone had this problem with their yellow copy?! 

Spinning my yellow just now and it sounds really good. 

This got number1 in the U.K. album chart btw. Quite an achievement for a post rock band 😁

22 hours ago, Skacel said:

Spinning my yellow just now and it sounds really good. 

This got number1 in the U.K. album chart btw. Quite an achievement for a post rock band 😁

Aw man, I guess I did get a dud. The rest of the sides sound phenomenal btw - which is why I thought I was hearing wrong at first. Tested it out on another table and it does the same thing :(

But yeah, amazing accomplishment for post-rock AND an indie label with two employees (Stuart thanked them both in the IG post on Friday, haha)! 

18 hours ago, rabbitvinyl said:

Aw man, I guess I did get a dud. The rest of the sides sound phenomenal btw - which is why I thought I was hearing wrong at first. Tested it out on another table and it does the same thing :(

But yeah, amazing accomplishment for post-rock AND an indie label with two employees (Stuart thanked them both in the IG post on Friday, haha)! 

yeah this can happen... it's weird that it's only on one side though. 

The worst offenders I have are "Canopy" by Silent Whale and the 10th anniversary "Young Mountain" by TWDY.  That one, it sounds like you're listening to a tape deck that's dying, the pitch change is so egregious. 

I had a pressing of "Panopticon" that did this too, but I ditched it. 

• 1 month later...