SOLD COLLECTION THREAD (B&C, Paramore, Brand New, Taylor Swift)

biodigitaljazz

MODS DELETE ITS OVER ITS DONE

Nearing financial ruin, so here it is. I've been sitting on these for awhile and not really listening very much anymore, so it's time to sell the collection. Take look and DM me if you see anything you like and I can send you pictures. I'm not going to attempt to gouge these, but I need the cash, so I'm really looking at Discogs median price I guess, depending on the circumstances.  Add $4 for shipping. All records have been kept in MOFI sleeves. Also for sale is my table: a red Project Debut Carbon with less than 50 hours on the needle. Really not ideal to ship this so if you're the in Chicagoland area for $285: HMU.

a583e36d7ecc5db0ccbc185882e33aa884.jpg?w=90&h=70&fit=crop&crop=faces&fm=jpg
Meet David Muir's Partner

investmentguru.com

Thank you all.

https://www.discogs.com/user/the.echomaker/collection

A word about the Paramore singles club box set: This was sold to a user with very poor reputation on this subreddit earlier this year and he sent it back, claiming the records were defective from the factory and I sent him a those after I received a replacement copy. This is pretty impossible since A: I've listened to this set more than 5 but fewer than 10 times myself, on my own table. B: There definitely would be no replacements made of this limited run release. Only 3000 I believe. And C- after he sent me the records back, they played just fine on my table, just as they had before I sent them. Just for public transparency should anyone enter this thread to try and start drama. I have positive sales feedback AND positive SITE reputation over my years on this thread, so you can buy with confidence from me. These records are ready to go. 

Edited by biodigitaljazz

1 hour ago, biodigitaljazz said:

A word about the Paramore singles club box set: This was sold to a user with very poor reputation on this subreddit earlier this year and he sent it back, claiming the records were defective from the factory and I sent him a those after I received a replacement copy. This is pretty impossible since A: I've listened to this set more than 5 but fewer than 10 times myself, on my own table. B: There definitely would be no replacements made of this limited run release. Only 3000 I believe. And C- after he sent me the records back, they played just fine on my table, just as they had before I sent them. Just for public transparency should anyone enter this thread to try and start drama. I have positive sales feedback AND positive SITE reputation over my years on this thread, so you can buy with confidence from me. These records are ready to go. 

It is definitely ok to name names in this case. The user is Kess, aka KanyeWest and is a well known, and generally disliked user on these forums.

1 hour ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

It is definitely ok to name names in this case. The user is Kess, aka KanyeWest and is a well known, and generally disliked user on these forums.

This is correct. And he still has not provided ample explanation as to his behavior. I caught a look at his YT channel too - pretty cringe. But that's not what this thread is about.

19 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Generally disliked by the most vitriolic man children on this forum. I have more positive trader feedback on here than the TC, and the negative feedback is a relic from 2016 when the site had up and down votes, because of one silly post I made.

I won't have my name slandered for no reason so here's what REALLY HAPPENED when I bought from this guy: 

I purchased two records from him that cost $200. He took my money and disappeared for well over a week and didn't respond to any of my messages. He finally responded, sent the records, and one of them was a Paramore 7" box set that I was REALLY looking forward to getting. I put a record on and it played completely distorted, despite looking fine. I played another 7" I owned to see if it was my turntable, and it played fine. I asked him to return it, he didn't respond, so I opened a dispute. He freaked out because it locked up his account. I returned the record and he sent me an angry message saying it played fine on his turntable.

He accused me of faking the video (???) -- I didn't try to get a discount, I wanted to return a record I was really looking forward to getting. His profile says "paramore, paramore, paramore" so clearly he's a big fan. The more likely scenario is that he had a second copy that was totally fine and this was the busted one prior to the replacement, rather than me buying something from him and returning it for no reason, wasting everyone's time and money.

BEWARE WHEN BUYING FROM THIS PERSON. I hope it goes well but my experience was atrocious. 

2 hours ago, Kanye West said:

The more likely scenario is that he had a second copy that was totally fine and this was the busted one prior to the replacement, rather than me buying something from him and returning it for no reason, wasting everyone's time and money.

Here it is again. The only reason you would plausibly suggest this is if you yourself received a defective copy, and tried to get mine as a result. After all the public accusations and DMs you still have not answered for why you sent me a video of allegedly a record I sent you failing to play, but when I received the box set back all four 7”s played immaculately with 0 issues. Just a copy and paste of your side of the story which fails to answer the burning question. It’s also worth it to mention you asked me to return and opened a dispute the same day, hardly giving me ANY time to respond to you. The timeline indicates this and I have receipts if absolutely necessary. Saying you have positive feedback is NOTHING. I have roughly 40. The numbers speak for themselves.

I was silent for 8 days, and I apologized profusely to you for it. It’s none of this subs business PARTICULARLY not yours the family and personal matters I had to attend to, so I kept it that way, apologized, and let you know I would handle the rest of the transaction with you to the best of my ability for both our sakes, which I did. Me “sending you an angry message” is asking you for an explanation you still haven’t delivered, not even that now more people are involved. A few forum members reached out to me in DMs after I called you out on your sales thread not only letting me know you were not to be trusted because of all your previous antics, but also that at least 2 of the releases in your thread were being FLIPPED, because your story about your “friend giving up his record collection” failed to coincide with the release dates of those records. 

It is what it is. My feedback is commendable and yours is questionable at best. Calling members of this board who’ve been pillars of this community for years “vitriolic man children” doesn’t change that and accomplishes next to nothing. 

Edited by biodigitaljazz

1 hour ago, biodigitaljazz said:

Hey man, have you seen his YouTube videos? He really has too many records…

I think I saw part of one once. To be fair, I also have way too many records so I'm not trying to hold that against him, and if he wants to flaunt shit around on YouTube that's his deal. I just think he's generally pretty awful based on interactions on here though.

Just now, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

I think I saw part of one once. To be fair, I also have way too many records so I'm not trying to hold that against him, and if he wants to flaunt shit around on YouTube that's his deal. I just think he's generally pretty awful based on interactions on here though.

Yeah, I might be slightly toxic but he did try to take me for a ride, so... 

Also, the majority of my list is pending! Thanks, everyone!

• 4 weeks later...
  • biodigitaljazz changed the title to SOLD COLLECTION THREAD (B&C, Paramore, Brand New, Taylor Swift)
4 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Mods don't close shit.  And its for the best.  This way if something goes awry in the sale the buyer can comment in thread.

Well that's fine by me. I just thought we were supposed to get it closed if it was done.

The box with the collection has arrived to the buyer, it was more or less sold in one swoop. He's told me everything looks great. So here we are.