The Bronx / Mariachi El Bronx “Halloween Dead Stream”

20 hours ago, Purple Buffalo said:

Me thinks the Bronx need to find a different pressing company and distribution center... This has always been an issue with all of their releases... 

I'm not really sure who they use in EU, I do have a guess though, but we use Pirates Press / GZ and have had very little delays this year if not very fast turnarounds for most releases.

33 minutes ago, IanRees said:

I'm not really sure who they use in EU, I do have a guess though, but we use Pirates Press / GZ and have had very little delays this year if not very fast turnarounds for most releases.

The Mariachi El Bronx - Musica Muerta release was manufactured by PP/GZ that's why I assume they are using them again for this. Though I wish they would not. I missed the PO unfortunately but if I ever get a copy, I would prefer not to have that notorious GZ in-house cut. These just do not sound good.

Edited by Iggy_Pilot
edit

On 4/1/2021 at 6:15 PM, Purple Buffalo said:

*** UPDATE *** 

DEADSTREAM VINYL UPDATE

Hey Everybody.

Here is the latest update on the ongoing DEADSTREAM saga. First and foremost, we want to apologize (again) for the insane delay and inconvenience. We are just as frustrated as you! 

After weeks of no return communication, here is the the latest update we got from the pressing plant…

“Unfortunately due to the rise in Covid cases throughout Europe the manufacturer had to shut-down production for 3-4 weeks which is why communication has been limited.  The additional shutdown has inevitably pushed all of our vinyl releases back. With vinyl manufacturing at an all-time high across the board, the new completion date to ship from the warehouse is May 10th.”

Obviously this sucks, and although we are finally starting to see light at the end of the global pandemic tunnel, most production companies are still completely fucked. But this record means alot to us! It’s the first time both The Bronx and Mariachi el Bronx have ever played as one band! And even tho production has been a total nightmare, the vinyl is gonna be so fucking sick! 

So, attached is a dropbox link for the Deadstream audio along with a 20% off coupon code for The Bronx webstore.  We sincerely apologize for the delay and hope you will continue to rock with us going forward. 

Full refunds are also available if so desired, but we promise it will all be worth it once you get that sweet candy corn wax in your hands! Till then…

Keep it wet,
The Guvnr

So, I just realized I no longer have access to the email address the newsletter updates (which I'm assuming is how this went out) are sent to. Any chance you'd be able to share that link to the digital audio as well as the DL code? I purchased the vinyl and this is the first answer I've been able to find on the hold up. You can DM, if you're not comfortable sharing publicly.

I'd super appreciate it!

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, glass realms said:

Got my copy in the mail today. Records look and sound pretty good. My copy wasn't signed though even though the listing said that it would be signed by both bands. Anybody else with the same issue?

I’m gonna be pissed off if they’re not signed (I’m sure you’re pissed right now). 

Edited by Velocity of Sound

5 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Was it being signed extra or part of the price? I still don't know how to feel about signed records, given that it covers up the artwork. The only signed stuff I have was always in person and on an inner sleeve or somewhere that was blank anyways.

It was part of the price. Personally, I am a fan of signed albums; I dont mind where it's signed, so long as it's not on the record grooves (which I've seen!).  I think it's a nice connection to the artist - especially if it's signed in person. 

Here's the pic from IG  I was too lazy post yesterday...

PRGuY1m.png

Edited by andynz

3 minutes ago, Velocity of Sound said:

My buddy and I both got our copies today, and neither one of ours were autographed. The submission on Discogs also isn’t  autographed. 

The Discogs submission was my copy.

I'm still waiting for them to respond. Gonna give it another couple days before I follow up.

3 hours ago, glass realms said:

The Discogs submission was my copy.

I'm still waiting for them to respond. Gonna give it another couple days before I follow up.

Cool, thank you. Please disregard the question I asked you on Discogs, and thank you for submitting the Bronx album to Discogs for everyone. 

• 2 weeks later...