[PO] Foo Fighters - Medicine At Midnight (Feb. 5th)

Purple Smoke (FF Store exclusive):

https://shop.foofighters.com/collections/medicine-at-midnight/products/med-swirl-vinyl

Black:

https://shop.foofighters.com/collections/medicine-at-midnight/products/med-black-vinyl

Blue:

https://seasickbham.com/collections/online-store-new-music/products/foo-fighters-medicine-at-midnight-lp-blue

Shipping from the official store is $9 so I’d wait for other shops if you wanna save a few bucks. 

Out Feb. 5th. 

Tracklisting:

1. Making A Fire
  2. Shame Shame
  3. Cloudspotter
  4. Waiting On A War
  5. Medicine At Midnight
  6. No Son Of Mine
  7. Holding Poison
  8. Chasing Birds
  9. Love Dies Young

Edited by Sad Heart

1 hour ago, Sad Heart said:

Pretty sure this is their first colored studio album release. There have been boots and they had a glow in the dark 12” single with their S/T, but pretty sure no studio albums. Curious if they put out other variants. 

I think it’s pretty much the norm now for bands to have a coloured vinyl release. I’m more surprised now when there isn’t a limited edition web store/indie exclusive 

2 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

Pretty sure this is their first colored studio album release. There have been boots and they had a glow in the dark 12” single with their S/T, but pretty sure no studio albums. Curious if they put out other variants. 

There is a blue pressing of Concrete and Gold. I believe it’s the only Foo album that has an official colored pressing. 

Edited by zackdumbass

21 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Foo Fighters suck huge donkey dick, no offense. Nevermind that Pitchfork gave the first two albums 10s. I think they are 1.0s. 

Brother, I am with you! Nirvana is absolute genius, but Mr. Grohl should have stopped making music after his mentor and leader passed. He's a great drummer, but he should have stuck to his weapon of choice...

Saw the first single on SNL, wasn't really feeling it. Barely listened to Concrete & Gold either, and didn't find a whole lot to love in Sonic Highways. Maybe I just don't like this band anymore? The first three records are still top notch, as is Wasting Light, however.

58 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Band sells out arenas world wide....shouldn't have ever played music because some random dude online doesn't like them.

Right.

No, Grohl can play a number of instruments and can move a crowd, but the goal is just to create a minor radio rock hit. Where is the substance or art? Let him make his money, but he's the opposite of everything Cobain was.

1 hour ago, scottheisel said:

Saw the first single on SNL, wasn't really feeling it. Barely listened to Concrete & Gold either, and didn't find a whole lot to love in Sonic Highways. Maybe I just don't like this band anymore? The first three records are still top notch, as is Wasting Light, however.

This is exactly where I stand so I'll probably wait until this released to consider making a purchase. I wouldn't say I don't like the band anymore but there hasn't been a lot to love since Wasting Light (which was phenomenal in my opinion).

Comparing Grohl to Cobain 25 years later is laughable.

If Nirvana was still making records in 2020, they would most likely be shit too. 

Just because the stones release a crap album now doesn't discredit from their amazing 60s and 70s output. Same with Grohl.

The first foo were good but everything else has had the trajectory of any other major popular artist. 

1 hour ago, youspinmeround said:

If Nirvana was still making records in 2020, they would most likely be shit too. 

Just because the stones release a crap album now doesn't discredit from their amazing 60s and 70s output. Same with Grohl.

The first foo were good but everything else has had the trajectory of any other major popular artist. 

lol

1 hour ago, youspinmeround said:

Very well said. 

9 hours ago, pepperonigin said:

This is exactly where I stand so I'll probably wait until this released to consider making a purchase. I wouldn't say I don't like the band anymore but there hasn't been a lot to love since Wasting Light (which was phenomenal in my opinion).

It truly is wild how good Wasting Light was. It really felt like the band found their footing again after three straight so-so albums (One By One is trash, In Your Honor, like every double album, could be pared down to one disc, and Echoes... is too scattershot). If I play Foo Fighters these days, it's either Wasting Light or Colour And The Shape.