[PO] Foo Fighters - Medicine At Midnight (Feb. 5th)

On 2/8/2021 at 4:03 AM, derby625 said:

My purple should be delivered today

does this have a download card? On release date I didn’t get an email with a link (still have just the one track from when I ordered)

Sadly it does not have a download. I emailed about the download code thinking I was supposed to receive one via email upon release date. The response was that the album didn't include a full download, just that first single. First time I've experienced that, and I'm still shaking my head.

6 hours ago, MikePortly said:

Sadly it does not have a download. I emailed about the download code thinking I was supposed to receive one via email upon release date. The response was that the album didn't include a full download, just that first single. First time I've experienced that, and I'm still shaking my head.

That right there justifies a less-than-legal download. I’m not buying this record twice, sorry Dave. 

4 hours ago, stl_ben said:

Who still downloads music as their main way of listening?

I spend 60 hours a week in my truck, driving to all corners of my province for work. The phone signal is weak at the best of times, and in Canada it’s still the dark ages so we don’t have unlimited data without paying $75 a month extra. So I download or rip all my music and have an iPod touch (or Nano!) in the glovebox at all times. It’s reliable, even though this was a long and lame-ass story. 

• 1 year later...

Very sad. Taylor Hawkins (and John Frusciante) have always been examples I use for myself and others when talking about life after addiction. Reminds me of Ikey Owens, rest in peace. Going to be very strange seeing their “movie” now. You really never know when your time is up. Some solace in going out doing what you love I guess.

So bummed. Studio 666 wasn’t a great movie, but it was pretty fun. I love that it kinda gave a face to the other members of the band, especially Taylor. Dude seemed so likeable and funny. Definitely was a hell of a drummer. RIP

Edited by itsWetWilly
More thoughts.

The first 3 albums were my high school years. They were the first band I ever saw live (July 97 and Oct 97) touring Colour and the Shape.

Kind of fell of the wagon after In Your Honor but have listened and bought albums after it. I didn't mind Wasting Light and Medicine At Midnight.

We lost a good one. This one's gonna sting for awhile. 

Edited by INRIhab

As a drummer, Taylor was always and will always be on my Mount Rushmore of influences and idols. I own and regular use his signature snare drum in my setup. 

Addiction is a lifelong battle. It never goes away, it may jus get easier for a time. But when it rears  it’s ugly head, so often it came be the last relapse an addict goes through 😢😢

RIP Taylor

Edited by ethanpricington

29 minutes ago, MrScorpio said:

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

Aw, mr converge hoodie wannabe nft has to go upstairs to the ground floor to cry to his mommy.

I mean, someone from the music scene actually died and a music-driven forum is taking a moment to share their thoughts and say a few words about it.  It would take a real piece of shit to stumble in and make that moment about their own personal beef.

Reminder: you were banned for a week because you’re an easily-titled troll with a temper tantrum.  That’s a personal problem.  You don’t get to take that out on the forum’s staff.  Instead of trying to start shit on a Sunday, maybe go outside and enjoy some fresh air for once.  Or call up one of the very few people who can somehow tolerate you in person, and refresh yourself on how human interactions should work.  The internet has rotted your brain.  Absolute embarrassment of a man.