[PO] Foo Fighters - Medicine At Midnight (Feb. 5th)

How big of a piece of shit do you have to be to come onto a forum thread and spew your personal vendetta garbage to people expressing their love and grief for someone who just died?

I wasn't much of a Foo Fighters fan, but Taylor was an absolute monster behind the kit, and he seemed like a really sweet person. I have had close friends and family with addiction problems, and I've seen them do terrible things to themselves and those they love (I've also been on the receiving end). To mock their death with "heroin, amirite?" posts is complete garbage. GET FUCKED.

I've been in Minneapolis this weekend when I heard the news.

Seeing the concert ad outside the Vikings stadium saying they were going to play on 8/3 and Taylor was there honestly hit me hard. Dude was always a monster. 

I remember the first time I saw him play was when he was Alanis Morrisette's drummer when she performed on Letterman for the first time. The rest of the band and for the most part Alanis just kinda stood there and doing the normal 90's stuff, and he was behind the set playing You Outta Know like he was fucking Keith Moon. It was great. 

Dude had the same energy fucking 30+ years later when I last saw the Foos. It was incredible. RIP man. 

24 minutes ago, roadmonkey said:

I've been in Minneapolis this weekend when I heard the news.

Seeing the concert ad outside the Vikings stadium saying they were going to play on 8/3 and Taylor was there honestly hit me hard. Dude was always a monster. 

I remember the first time I saw him play was when he was Alanis Morrisette's drummer when she performed on Letterman for the first time. The rest of the band and for the most part Alanis just kinda stood there and doing the normal 90's stuff, and he was behind the set playing You Outta Know like he was fucking Keith Moon. It was great. 

Dude had the same energy fucking 30+ years later when I last saw the Foos. It was incredible. RIP man. 

What a great video, been long time since I saw that. Interesting note I just noticed - it looks like more recently (Medicine at Midnight era onward) that Taylor went back to what looks to be this same drumkit setup with that one crash high above on his left and just a super low ride on the right. Random I know sorry. Us drummers are a bit weird ya know 😅

Edited by ethanpricington

I will forever kick myself for not dragging myself to one of their shows. Things never quite lined up to catch them, and I always put it off as there will always be another tour that hits Florida or wherever I happen to be.

EDIT: In honor of this being my 666th post,  I need to go watch Studio 666.

Edited by thenameisluigi

3 minutes ago, thenameisluigi said:

I will forever kick myself for not dragging myself to one of their shows. Things never quite lined up to catch them, and I always put it off as there will always be another tour that hits Florida or wherever I happen to be.

I splurged and bought floor seats within the first 20 rows for their headlining show in OKC in April 2020...

...So yea....

😑

Foo Fighters at The Ryman on Halloween is one of my Top 10 all time shows.  Seen the Foos and Chevy Metal at all levels of venues and Taylor was easily one of my favorite drummers to watch.  Been listening to a lot of Foos since the news, but may change it up and play some Coheed tonight as Taylor killed it for any band he was playing with.

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

Foo Fighters at The Ryman on Halloween is one of my Top 10 all time shows.  Seen the Foos and Chevy Metal at all levels of venues and Taylor was easily one of my favorite drummers to watch.  Been listening to a lot of Foos since the news, but may change it up and play some Coheed tonight as Taylor killed it for any band he was playing with.

Woah, just looked in to that.  Had no idea he played on a Coheed album.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, jhulud said:

^^^^ I thought the same thing but what prompted me to ask about Dream Widow is that Studio 666 is out on blu-Ray & DVD in a couple of weeks and preorders are already up. 

Dave might have enough stroke to delay the physical album but not the physical movie since they worked with Universal on that.