PO: Cult Of Luna - The Raging River

1 hour ago, solitaryreign said:

^This one has been up for a week or so. Forgot to post it here. But I find this release more and more annoying with its 20 or so variants.

Single is dropping today, not sure if I’ll listen to it or wait till February. 

lQa1Bx9.png

Edited by archiced

9 hours ago, Portsi said:

Hahaha seven more "Collector editions". Never seen this many variants for a release that has not even been released yet.

Would have liked to have one copy with that new cover art, but one order is enough...

Yeah jesus fuck, milking the quarantine for all they've got!  lol

I agree though about the cover, I wish there was a way to combine orders and not pay for shipping twice now.  I'm glad i bought one - that first single fucking SMASHES. 

30 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I wish there was a way to combine orders and not pay for shipping twice now

Just drop them an E-Mail they're quite forthcoming combining the Bandcamp version with the first press. I don’t see why it should work with the second press as well. I will try doing so when I order this as well   

1 minute ago, solitaryreign said:

Just drop them an E-Mail they're quite forthcoming combining the Bandcamp version with the first press. I don’t see why it should work with the second press as well. I will try doing so when I order this as well   

yeah word I just did that!   

We really need to catalog all the variants right now.  13 from Red Creek, and then I've counted at least 7 from elsewhere I think. 

Variants so far:

1st press (Gatefold LP w/ UV varnish, die-cut cover and 12 pages booklet):

• Galaxy w/ Black and Milky Clear /500 (Red Crk exclusive) sold out
  • ASide/BSide w/ Gold and White /500 (Red Crk exclusive) sold out
  • Galaxy w/ Orange and Blue /500 (Red Crk exclusive) sold out
  • ASide/Bside w/ Gold and Black /500 (Red Crk exclusive) sold out
  • Colour in Colour w/ Ultraclear and Black /500 (Red Crk exclusive)
  • Galaxy w/ Clear and Silver /500 (Bandcamp exclusive)
  • Black /2000?
  • Clear Red w/ Gold splatter /500? (US/CA/MX / Metalblade exclusive)
  • Clear w/ Red and Blue splatter /300 (France / Season of Mist EU exclusive)
  • Clear w/ Black, Red and Yellow splatter /300 (Germany / EMP exclusive)
  • Clear w/ Blue and Yellow splatter /300 (Swedish / Bengans exclusive)
  • Clear w/ White and Blue splatter /300 (UK / Plastichead exclusive)
  • Clear w/ Orange, Purple and Yellow splatter /300
  • Blood Red / Solid White /500
  • Yellow w/ Red splatter /500 ("German Edition")

2nd Press (Gatefold LP w/ UV varnish, alternative cover and 12 pages booklet):

• Galaxy - Red and Black /500 (Red Crk exclusive)
  • Aside/Bside - Black and White /500 (Red Crk exclusive)
  • Milky Clear vinyl w/ Black Speckles /500 (Red Crk exclusive)
  • Galaxy Kelly Green and Black /500 (Red Crk exclusive)
  • Half/Half - Transparent and Brown /500 (Red Crk exclusive)
  • Colour in Colour - Black and Beer /500 (Red Crk exclusive)
  • Black /???
Edited by solitaryreign
added "german edition"

• 4 weeks later...

So...the 1( Yellow w/ Red splatter and the 2) Blood Red and Solid White (the ones that are limited to 500) all got announced after the first run of 300 of the "clear with orange / purple and yellow splatter", correct?

I have an invoice from Palegic back from November, so I'm guessing if I'm a completist, I'd need the other two....damnit!

Thanks...so really, the only new one is the Yellow with Red Splatter.  I reached out to Palegic to see if they would combine orders and they wouldn't, which is annoying.  It costs a ton to ship these and when you have 8 million different variants, you would think they would try to help combine shipping if they announce a new variant.  

Otherwise...announce them at the same time for shits sake!

On 1/11/2021 at 12:32 PM, axisrecapital said:

Thanks...so really, the only new one is the Yellow with Red Splatter.  I reached out to Palegic to see if they would combine orders and they wouldn't, which is annoying.  It costs a ton to ship these and when you have 8 million different variants, you would think they would try to help combine shipping if they announce a new variant.  

Otherwise...announce them at the same time for shits sake!

Of course they won't do that, because then people have the chance to pass.  When announcing separately, you keep the excitement and FOMO going hard. 

Also Pelagic is far, far too under water to ever coordinate something like that.  Have you seen their Facebook group?  It's day after day of "Where is my order?"  "You sent me the wrong thing"  "Nobody is responding".  I had to email them to ask about my "Yes I Am" order from PG.Lost, because everyone else was getting it weeks earlier, and they said "Oh sorry you aren't getting it, we oversold." 

Okay.  So, they send me a replacement.  Fine.  Then, weeks later, my actual order shows up with PG.Lost.  Then, just last week, ANOTHER replacement showed up. 

They're just a mess right now and can't handle the volume, what with needing to rake in that Ocean cash.

2 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Also Pelagic is far, far too under water to ever coordinate something like that.

They're just distributing some Season of Mist titles nothing else. SoM itself had put those variants up a week earlier with no mention in social media anywhere. 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully it get's better with the support and all with their new employee, that's a mess right now for sure.

• 2 weeks later...