PO: Cult Of Luna - The Raging River

• 3 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2021 at 1:48 PM, The Vool said:

Just received the replacement disc (which was only the disc in the package).
spacer.png

Not impressed by the „foggy blue“ considering what the original would have looked like. 

i really hope the new album will not be released by Red Creek!

Mine looked the same and I was a bit surprised actually. Not what I had expected.

And the inner sleeve was fucked despite being really secure packaged.

• 1 month later...

There is now another pressing with the blue cover art, "foggy orange".  It's basically another mispress but I think it looks really nice.

https://red-crk.com/collections/vinyl/products/cult-of-luna-the-raging-river-lp-gtfold-foggy-orange

https://evilgreed.net/products/cult-of-luna-the-raging-river-lp

This EP has grown on me a lot. I'm really enjoying it now that I have started listening it again after a few months of break. When it was released it felt a bit boring and uninspired, but now I enjoy every song. Weird! Maybe it was just too early to start digesting it right after ADTF. 

Edited by Portsi

9 hours ago, Portsi said:

There is now another pressing with the blue cover art, "foggy orange".  It's basically another mispress but I think it looks really nice.

https://red-crk.com/collections/vinyl/products/cult-of-luna-the-raging-river-lp-gtfold-foggy-orange

https://evilgreed.net/products/cult-of-luna-the-raging-river-lp

This EP has grown on me a lot. I'm really enjoying it now that I have started listening it again after a few months of break. When it was released it felt a bit boring and uninspired, but now I enjoy every song. Weird! Maybe it was just too early to start digesting it right after ADTF. 

I don't think this is a new pressing.  The "misspress" of the Orange/Blue merge from the 1st press is this exact color.  I think these are probably the left overs from that. 

2 hours ago, versusexcalibur said:

I don't think this is a new pressing.  The "misspress" of the Orange/Blue merge from the 1st press is this exact color.  I think these are probably the left overs from that. 

I asked this on Facebook :). The plant tried to correct the first blue/orange/galaxy pressing and pressed 500 of these foggy oranges. Label and band did not accept them for a replacement copy so they did a third try and then got that foggy blue.

So there should be 500 of the first press, 500 of foggy oranges and 500(?) of foggy blue.

Edited by Portsi

lol

20 hours ago, Portsi said:

lol @ the never ending press comment

Also this EP rules.  This happens to me tho with albums where i don't love it immediately and come back to it and see it in a whole new light

On 12/18/2021 at 2:10 PM, Portsi said:

I asked this on Facebook :). The plant tried to correct the first blue/orange/galaxy pressing and pressed 500 of these foggy oranges. Label and band did not accept them for a replacement copy so they did a third try and then got that foggy blue.

So there should be 500 of the first press, 500 of foggy oranges and 500(?) of foggy blue.

So I reached out to them as well.  The first pressing was the supposed to be "orange/ sea blue galaxy /500"  what we received was a "foggy orange".  The band reordered the original color and again received a "foggy orange /500".  The band then opted to press "blue/light blue /500" and send those to the people who had purchased the original "Orange/blue galaxy".  I am one of those people.   

I asked Red Creek if the number of total number of Orange would then be considers top be out /1000.  They said "No, Officially /500 First one did not count to us, as we replaced for another one".  So take that as you will but when I followed up again they basically said the Orange one that I originally received "Officially doesn't count".  In my mind the "foggy orange" is really /1000.  The red creek statement is basically "These aren't the droids you're looking for" .

Regardless I love the LP.  It was a solid and respectable move by Red Creek to send us an additional copy, but being a variant nut this is a weird scenario.

15 hours ago, versusexcalibur said:

So I reached out to them as well.  The first pressing was the supposed to be "orange/ sea blue galaxy /500"  what we received was a "foggy orange".  The band reordered the original color and again received a "foggy orange /500".  The band then opted to press "blue/light blue /500" and send those to the people who had purchased the original "Orange/blue galaxy".  I am one of those people.   

I asked Red Creek if the number of total number of Orange would then be considers top be out /1000.  They said "No, Officially /500 First one did not count to us, as we replaced for another one".  So take that as you will but when I followed up again they basically said the Orange one that I originally received "Officially doesn't count".  In my mind the "foggy orange" is really /1000.  The red creek statement is basically "These aren't the droids you're looking for" .

Regardless I love the LP.  It was a solid and respectable move by Red Creek to send us an additional copy, but being a variant nut this is a weird scenario.

i suppose it would only matter if those original 500 are in circulation.  did they get destroyed or sent out? 

On 12/20/2021 at 7:57 AM, Gumbo72203 said:

i suppose it would only matter if those original 500 are in circulation.  did they get destroyed or sent out? 

We all received the original Orange/Blue and then we all received a Blue/light Blue replacement (without cover).  The original 500 Orange are in homes, now they have a rebranded Orange /500 up for sale and its the exact color as the original just named different.  

On 12/20/2021 at 9:58 AM, TheDemonic said:

My additional „Foggy blue“ came without a cover - so I assume all additional ones (or replacements) came w/out a. cover.

Mine came without a cover as well.  I still think it's amazing that they sent us all another color but it's confusing the pressing #'s with vague answers