[PO] Giant Squid - The Ichthyologist (RE, RM)

Giant Squid “The Ichthyologist (Reissue)”

Giant Squid's stunning 2009 full length record "The Ichthyologist" is carefully reissued with an updated vinyl layout and an artful remastering from the original tapes by Tim Green (Melvins, The Fucking Champs, Earthless)!

***This is a Preorder for Giant Squid's reissue of "The Ichthyologist" 2xLP. The release date is currently April 16th, 2021, but we could get the vinyl earlier than expected or there could be delays due to manufacturing issues during the current climate.  We will ship these as soon as they are ready and in hand.  If you order anything else with this preorder, your entire order will be held until everything is ready to ship.

***There are three colors of vinyl to choose from!

Version 1:

La Brea Tar Pits Splatter Edition (limited to 500 copies)

Version 2:

Mormon Island Merge with Splatter Edition (limited to 300 copies)

Version 3:

Linckia Pinwheel with Splatter Edition (limited to 200 copies)

*All pictures are digital mock up representations of the final vinyl.  The end result may look slightly different if not better! 

ALL LPs come housed in heavy 350 gsm weight stock Gatefold Jacket and come with a 6 panel insert! 

spacer.png

Version 1:

La Brea Tar Pits Splatter Edition (limited to 500 copies):

spacer.png

Version 2:

Mormon Island Merge with Splatter Edition (limited to 300 copies):

spacer.png

Version 3:

Linckia Pinwheel with Splatter Edition (limited to 200 copies):

spacer.png

https://translationloss.com/products/the-ichthyologist-reissue

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 11/15/2020 at 4:34 PM, drds89 said:

This is a great, unique album - I have all 3 OG variants + Test press

What we need is Cenotes on vinyl - come on TL!

also @alwaysopenmouthAsk and yee shall receive?

https://translationloss.com/collections/giant-squid-collection/products/cenotes-1?variant=39865280888987

ee6f48b4ec35b45bed30da26ca04a03b_1024x10

c57e284f27dc8148742eb22723fb503e_1024x10

f82c190c72acfe30aedee7db0e8cd2c5_1024x10

also Squalus - The Great Fish also has repress (https://squalus.bandcamp.com/album/the-great-fish)

Edited by roadmonkey

3 hours ago, roadmonkey said:

Yeah thanks for the reminder, I was about to buy one but I forgot I ordered one when it was announced

7 hours ago, roadmonkey said:

Muchas gracias!  I thought this year would be a low budget year for vinyl, but some great 1st presses and box sets are pressing me to add another set of cubes to the shelfF :)

• 2 months later...
On 7/21/2021 at 5:04 PM, alwaysopenmouth said:

Got Cenotes in today and it looks great! Props to TLR for shopping the record outside of the jacket to avoid seam splits. Can’t wait to spin it, it’s such a killer EP!

Mine arrived earlier in the week, and looks / sounds great. TLR went through a rough period a while back about the time Rosetta was winding down their contract with them, but they have really gotten their vinyl game on track, even the proper shipping like you said.

5 hours ago, drds89 said:

TLR went through a rough period a while back about the time Rosetta was winding down their contract with them, but they have really gotten their vinyl game on track, even the proper shipping like you said.

I really like the quality of TLR vinyl, but am I the only one who would like more simpler vinyl designs? Not a huge fan of pinwheeled splatters with million different colors :D. Relapse does that too with almost all their releases.

Edited by Portsi

8 hours ago, Portsi said:

I really like the quality of TLR vinyl, but am I the only one who would like more simpler vinyl designs? Not a huge fan of pinwheeled splatters with million different colors :D. Relapse does that too with almost all their releases.

You are definitely not the only one.  Like you said, Relapse and TRL both go for the zany pinwheel splatter merge color-in-color variants.  I respect the ambition but more often than not, it’s just such a streaky mess of colors or completely misses the mark from the mock-up.  I kinda’ wish they’d chill out a bit… especially since both of them are notorious for increasing the price with the rarity / complexity of each variant on a release.