NEW MELVINS. OLD MELVINS. ALL THINGS MELVINS.

rickker

56 minutes ago, Velocity of Sound said:

I wonder what type of error these have? Wrong center label? Wrong music pressed into the vinyl? 
I’m guessing the pressing in question would be the Sea Blue vinyl? 

A1 - The Talking Horse
A2 - A Vast And Filthy Prison
A3 - Blood Witch
B1 - A History Of Drunks
B2 - Rat Faced Granny
B3 - The Hawk
C1 - You’ve Never Been Right
C2 - A History Of Bad Men
D1 - The Mechanical Bride
D2 - A Vast And Filthy Prison

Vast and filthy is on twice.. apparently on all splatter and 500 of aqua for a 1k total mispress 

24 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

A1 - The Talking Horse
A2 - A Vast And Filthy Prison
A3 - Blood Witch
B1 - A History Of Drunks
B2 - Rat Faced Granny
B3 - The Hawk
C1 - You’ve Never Been Right
C2 - A History Of Bad Men
D1 - The Mechanical Bride
D2 - A Vast And Filthy Prison

Vast and filthy is on twice.. apparently on all splatter and 500 of aqua for a 1k total mispress 

Wow. What a mess. I’m shocked nobody at Ipecac listened to the test press before they approved the pressing. 

Got Nude With Boots and Bride Screamed Murder on red the other day, both sound good. I missed out on A Senile Animal so was looking around online for a copy on aqua but I think several record stores might be returning them due to this issue. I ended up grabbing one from Acoustic Sounds so we’ll see what happens.

11 hours ago, morfiend said:

Got Nude With Boots and Bride Screamed Murder on red the other day, both sound good. I missed out on A Senile Animal so was looking around online for a copy on aqua but I think several record stores might be returning them due to this issue. I ended up grabbing one from Acoustic Sounds so we’ll see what happens.

My copy of the aqua purchased from amazon is the mispress. It would seem very weird that they would have done the splatter and 500 of aqua with one set of plates and than switched plates for the rest of the aqua as Ipecac seems to be mentioning. Based on discogs comments, it doesnt look like anyone has the actual correct tracklisting so they may all be mispressed

Ipecac posted this earlier today on their FB:

May be an image of text that says 'm ANIMAL SENILEANIMAL NIMAL SENILE (THE) MELVINS'

Hey all,

First, thank you for your continued support of our record label. On behalf of all of the bands, we don't take your support for granted. It's the reason we have survived.

Accidents happen and recently we experienced something we had never experienced before. The batch of the limited Melvins vinyl reissue of “(A) Senile Animal" was screwed up. Turns out one track was left off and one track is on it twice! Crazy. If you received one of these, we are very sorry and will make it good for you.

Some might want to hold on to the record as an ultimate rarity or some might want to return it for a refund. If you want a refund, you can return it at your point of purchase.

If you purchased the webstore-only splatter version via Blixt/Townsend, whether you’re keeping it or not, please email us at: [email protected]

We’ll have a corrected batch of the release coming in December and let you know when it’s back in stock to re-order. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

This one’s been up a while, these are usually instant sellouts.

Maybe that AmRep/Melvins magic is wearing off?!

The /100 edition last week sold out in less then a minute. They definitely seem to be getting pricier and pricier though.

Edited by morfiend

• 8 months later...