Newbie Turntable/Speaker suggestions

Does anyone have any experience with the Audio Engine A5+ Wireless speakers? Right now I have a Voksun turntable that came wits its own bookshelf speakers.

I would like to up grade to a better turntable ($200-$300) that would be compatible with those A5+ speakers. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

For that price range, I'd recommend the U-Turn Orbit.

My buddy has an Orbit Custom with Acrylic platter, built-in preamp, and the OM5E, which sounds great in my opinion. You can snag that for $284 right now.

I would highly recommend adding a cue lever though, which will run you another $40. Absolutely worth it. 

10 hours ago, mitchard said:

For that price range, I'd recommend the U-Turn Orbit.

I would highly recommend adding a cue lever though, which will run you another $40. Absolutely worth it. 

100% agree with both suggestions.

Much better quality thanProJect, Rega, AT at similar prices.

U-Turn has awesome customer service as well.

Edited by Smellman

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2020 at 4:03 PM, JayBritton said:

Does anyone have any experience with the Audio Engine A5+ Wireless speakers? Right now I have a Voksun turntable that came wits its own bookshelf speakers.

I would like to up grade to a better turntable ($200-$300) that would be compatible with those A5+ speakers. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

I've read nothing but good things about those speakers (which is why I plan to get them as well). I think any turntable you get would go well with them.