The Cure - Wish - Unofficial on red and blue vinyl - NOW: Official 30th Anniversary Edition Remastered 2xLP

On 7/28/2022 at 3:09 PM, Bronchitis said:

I’m pretty annoyed that it’s in one of those non-gatefold wide spine sleeves. I seriously hate those things so much. Oh well, I’m happy to finally be able to own this album.

This is a letdown. I managed to find one of the bootleg versions at the beginning of this thread, it's in a beautiful gatefold with lyrics printed on the inside. I hope they at least do printed inner sleeves.....

Also, let me say this about the bootleg, it's ok. But i expect this official press to be exceptional.

On 8/8/2022 at 6:08 AM, Eliminator Jr. said:

Very, very good. 

I picked up an OG copy a couple years back in Barcelona for around €60 so was stoked on that. Only to then find another copy down here in New Zealand a year later in a random store for $35. Even bargained him down from the original $45 he was asking

2 minutes ago, parkermatt said:

I picked up an OG copy a couple years back in Barcelona for around €60 so was stoked on that. Only to then find another copy down here in New Zealand a year later in a random store for $35. Even bargained him down from the original $45 he was asking

Nice finds even at €60. Were they both the UK press? Or was Barcelona the Spanish press? I had the Spain one for a long time but finally sold it when I snagged a mint UK copy for $75 a few years back. Same person sold me a "Show" LP for $50 as well. That was a great day considering my Spanish press covered the cost of both.

The OG press was also not a gatefold so I'm expecting the new one to be pretty similar. I'm really excited to hear all of the B Sides on the cd as this may secretly be my favorite Cure album. I think the demo of Cut they just released sounds fantastic.

On 9/2/2022 at 4:49 PM, fish said:

The OG press was also not a gatefold so I'm expecting the new one to be pretty similar. I'm really excited to hear all of the B Sides on the cd as this may secretly be my favorite Cure album. I think the demo of Cut they just released sounds fantastic.

Except the CD edition won't have all the B-sides. Just some (not all) of the extended mixes. And none of the original songs, as they were on Join The Dots ages ago.

Shame, cuz the Wish B-sides might be the best ones they ever did. Certainly the best set of songs relative to the album.... I honestly prefer "The Big Hand" and "Foolish Arrangement" and "Twilight Garden" to half the tracks on Wish itself.

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

Got shipping notification email from The Record Hub for my 30th anniversary Wish this morning.  Probably won't get it for a couple of weeks since it has to travel over the pond but yay!

What did you order? I thought the picture disc was out on Friday but regular version in January 

12 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

What did you order? I thought the picture disc was out on Friday but regular version in January 

Yeah, i ordered this.  does specifically say black vinyl.  better not get a pic disc or i'll be angry lol

https://therecordhub.com/products/vinyl-the-cure-wish-30th-anniversary-edition

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...