The Cure - Wish - Unofficial on red and blue vinyl - NOW: Official 30th Anniversary Edition Remastered 2xLP

Got two floor tickets for Seattle for $300 total. Not saying that isn’t expensive but I was about ready to drop a grand on nosebleeds. Row 30. God damn I am so stoked!!!!

Edit: I got picked yesterday but girlfriend got waitlisted. Just glad one of us got it at least.

Edited by Bronchitis

Scored LA tickets after getting kicked out of the queue 5 times. Would get to the pay screen and it crashed multiple times. Got pretty good seats in the end, but I definitely had better seats on the first couple of pay screens before crashing, kind of a bummer, but still stoked to be going. The whole sale was stressful 

1 hour ago, highfives said:

Public sale had seat ticket prices through the roof...  like minimum fan to fan resale was at least $250.  Pit seats were $2000...  Somehow I don't believe that's how much they were on Wednesday.

Ended up grabbing a few lawn tickets.

Was this on Ticketmaster? My tickets say I can only list them for what I paid for them. 

1 hour ago, highfives said:

Public sale had seat ticket prices through the roof...  like minimum fan to fan resale was at least $250.  Pit seats were $2000...  Somehow I don't believe that's how much they were on Wednesday.

Ended up grabbing a few lawn tickets.

Robert Smith posted on Twitter (in his original all caps):

1 OF 2: THIS MORNING 6 SHOWS WERE PREMATURELY ACTIVATED FOR FACE VALUE EXCHANGE PRIOR TO FACE VALUE PRICE RESTRICTIONS BEING PUT IN PLACE. THE PROBLEM WAS IMMEDIATELY CORRECTED. HOWEVER, ABOUT 900 TICKETS WERE PURCHASED ABOVE FACE VALUE...

2 OF 2: ALL OF THESE BUYERS ARE IN THE PROCESS OF BEING CONTACTED AND WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY REFUNDED TO FACE VALUE THE FOLLOWING TWEET HAS BEEN POSTED BY TM

3 OF 2(?): "MISTAKEN PREMATURE ACTIVATION FOR FACE VALUE EXCHANGE" HAPPENED IN CLEVELAND, BOSTON, COLUMBIA, ATLANTA, TAMPA AND MIAMI X“

https://twitter.com/RobertSmith/status/1636786302728241153?s=20

2 hours ago, ntslash said:

Was this on Ticketmaster? My tickets say I can only list them for what I paid for them. 

Yes.  When I was buying tickets, they were available like normal but listed as fan resale and were for 200+ for the back sections.  I couldn’t find a seat priced for less than that.

After I secured tickets I went back to check again and couldn’t find anything but lawn available.

But if you look now, it just says sold out.

Edited by highfives

I got lucky and got a pair of row 2 for the Detroit area show. Prices were $140+fees which i thought was more than fair nowadays. I paid the same for much crappier Depeche Mode tickets later in the year. Cure lawn seats were only $20 which is crazy in this age. Robert really went above and beyond to try and make this a better experience for those who got lucky with the verified fan sale.

Anyone who missed out should keep an eye out for more good seats to get released when the show gets near. In 2008 I got front row center tickets in Cleveland 2 days before the show direct from TM, and in 2016 I got floor for Chicago the same way. So it happens.

1 hour ago, fish said:

Anyone who missed out should keep an eye out for more good seats to get released when the show gets near. In 2008 I got front row center tickets in Cleveland 2 days before the show direct from TM, and in 2016 I got floor for Chicago the same way. So it happens.

I'll be in this boat for Chicago. I did this when Radiohead came to Chicago last time and got pretty good seats in the 100s sections less than 24 hours before the show, even though it was "sold out." I'll probably start checking the week leading up to it. I'm thinking there will be less options and they'll go a lot quicker.  

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, morfiend said:

I saw The Cure play Seattle a couple of nights ago and they were outstanding! If you’re on the fence I highly recommend going, they sounded great and Robert’s voice was in fine form. 

Can second this. Robert sounded amazing. I was blown away.