A Day To Remember - You're Welcome

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't going to take the troll bait, but seeing as someone else already did and bumped the thread for Wasda...

This is a pretty mediocre album, its like they wanted to make the next Paramore LP, but got scared and threw in one or two ADTR tracks so people wouldn't riot. 

One or two really genuine and heartfelt songs, and a lot of generic pop with guitars. 

Edited by V3XED

11 minutes ago, V3XED said:

I wasn't going to take the troll bait, but seeing as someone else already did and bumped the thread for Wasda...

This is a pretty mediocre album, its like they wanted to make the next Paramore LP, but got scared and threw in one or two ADTR tracks so people wouldn't riot. 

One or two really genuine and heartfelt songs, and a lot of generic pop with guitars. 

Agreed. After first listen, it just felt some mish-mashed and all over the place. Not to say they're albums even back to Common Courtesy didnt have a blend of heavy songs, pop-punk stuff and generic pop rock. But this had stuff that was even beyond that, just bad. I put together a playlist with the tracklist shortened to 10 songs (even that was generous lol) and re-arranged to give it a better closer ("Re-Entry" and "Everything We Need" swapped). It's at least a bit of an easier listen now 😅

In case you wanna subject yourself again to it: 

Edited by ethanpricington

What does everybody else think of the song they wrote called F.Y.M. about stimulus checks?  Kinda fun listening to that one dreaming of what I'll be doing with my next one.  Kind of thoughtful for them I thought, to write a song for/about us during such a time.

I've only heard the first half of the album so far, and I'm liking it better than Bad Vibrations, anyways.  By a lot.  Not sure what it was, but Bad Vibrations fell completely flat for me.  Even the single Paranoia, the best song on the album, is mediocre at best.  And I really liked Common Courtesy a lot.  Probably an unpopular opinion but CC I think front to back was my favorite release by ADTR.  

Anyways, the first half of the album is all over the map.  Some slow poppy singalongs, mixed in with some heavy stuff, I do like the opening track Brick Wall a lot.  But so far the album is fairly catchy and has some replay value, something Bad Vibrations lacked.  

Edited by verb1999

4 minutes ago, verb1999 said:

What does everybody else think of the song they wrote called F.Y.M. about stimulus checks?  Kinda fun listening to that one dreaming of what I'll be doing with my next one.  Kind of thoughtful for them I thought, to write a song for/about us during such a time.

I've only heard the first half of the album so far, and I'm liking it better than Bad Vibrations, anyways.  By a lot.  Not sure what it was, but Bad Vibrations fell completely flat for me.  Even the single Paranoia, the best song on the album, is mediocre at best.  And I really liked Common Courtesy a lot.  Probably an unpopular opinion but CC I think front to back was my favorite release by ADTR.  

Anyways, the first half of the album is all over the map.  Some slow poppy singalongs, mixed in with some heavy stuff, I do like the opening track Brick Wall a lot.  But so far the album is fairly catchy and has some replay value, something Bad Vibrations lacked.  

Let me get a hit of whatever you’re smoking.