King Buffalo stuff

Good luck!  I hope it works out for you.  I never chased test pressings, although I have a few that I happened to pick up over the past 40+ years.  I just rarely spin them and I just don't have room anymore for things I don't spin.

King Buffalo is fucking amazing.  I saw them a year ago at a hole in the wall here in Detroit.  Me and maybe 10 people on a hotter than  hell summer night.  The two opening bands sounded real rough but when KB played it sounded glorious.  One of the best small venue stage balances I've ever heard.  They just killed.  I bought their whole catalog that night.  They still seemed to be a bit of a secret, but they're amazing.

2 minutes ago, jmpatrick said:

Good luck!  I hope it works out for you.  I never chased test pressings, although I have a few that I happened to pick up over the past 40+ years.  I just rarely spin them and I just don't have room anymore for things I don't spin.

King Buffalo is fucking amazing.  I saw them a year ago at a hole in the wall here in Detroit.  Me and maybe 10 people on a hotter than  hell summer night.  The two opening bands sounded real rough but when KB played it sounded glorious.  One of the best small venue stage balances I've ever heard.  They just killed.  I bought their whole catalog that night.  They still seemed to be a bit of a secret, but they're amazing.

The buried detail is that you get the TP almost a month early and before digital is available and for not a ton more money.

I saw them tour on Orion in literally the smallest venue I've ever been to (The Cave in Chapel Hill; according to their site the stage specs are 12'x 10' x 10'!) after a Duke/UNC game. Long story, but a dude much younger than I started working with me and injected a bit of youth into the guys in our department. We suddenly found ourselves going out more often and just in general having a good time. We went out to Durham to watch the first Duke/UNC game of the year (none of us had any skin (we had gone to Clemson, Michigan State, RIT among the six of us)) we just wanted to watch what guarantees to be a good game around a bunch of hyped up people pulling for both sides. The second game was in CH and I had heard good things about this band online so I convinced them and about four other dudes to come and we were half of the crowd. It was a FUCKING blast and we cleaned them out of merch basically. This was about four or five years ago I think.

13 minutes ago, Mars said:

I saw them open/co-headline with All Them Witches a couple years ago, great show!

That was the third time I saw them (four times total now). ATW were pretty damn good too. Had never heard them prior. That first KB show I bought a dugout from them with their logo engraved in the wood. Most useful piece of merch I've ever owned!

Saw and heard these guys for the first time ever last year here in Brooklyn, at St. Vitus. Feeling like I went to see an opener and stuck around to see them. Definitely a good band, but the vocals I found underwhelming and not necessary. Just play and skip the vocals. Either way, seems this band should be bigger, the show should have been sold out and packed, since they are from upstate NY. I'm also amused they named the band King Buffalo, when they're from Rochester, which is 90 miles away from Buffalo. Just being a geography nerd there I guess. 

Edited by danyc

On 11/20/2020 at 12:07 PM, jmpatrick said:

Hope you got your test pressing.  Looks like they sold out in 10-15 seconds.

I snagged all three, but ordered the test pressing first before going back for the other two. It shipped Friday so I'm looking forward to giving it a spin this week.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • jmpatrick changed the title to King Buffalo stuff
6 hours ago, jmpatrick said:

The Burden of Restlessness is completely sold out.  All US editions. 

Stickman Records in Germany still have both the Oxblood and Royal Blue versions left:

https://www.stickman-records.com/shop/king-buffalo-the-burden-of-restlessness/

I just don't understand why bands don't press enough to meet demand.

They added another pressing of 1000:

https://kingbuffalo.bigcartel.com/product/preorder-the-burden-of-restlessness-cloudy-edition

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
14 minutes ago, onandonandon said:

Well I was debating the deluxe and it sold out, I guess that made my decision for me.

Shitty! Did you have the opportunity and it slipped away?
I'm now 7 for 8 on KB test presses and my only whiff was when I was at a work function attempting on my phone.

4 minutes ago, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

Shitty! Did you have the opportunity and it slipped away?
I'm now 7 for 8 on KB test presses and my only whiff was when I was at a work function attempting on my phone.

Yeah, I added it to my cart and was debating it. I loved them when I saw them back in February but wasn't super familiar with the demo so I was double checking what was on it and when I came back, it was sold out.