Caspian: YATC, Tertia, Live At Old South Church, and Four Trees (2020 Repress)

55 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

Right on. I texted Jonny about it. 

Awesome!  I think it would be a good fit; they already have the in-house screen printing operation, they have the Dunk! distribution chain in place, and a recognized and respected name in the post-rock world.  I think it would be a great fit. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The nice thing about Dark Ops’ test presses is that they’re entirely mint and unplayed.

A couple of things: - Most importantly, Caspian owns the rights to their music. So thankfully they didn’t sign them over to D.O. with this pressing.  - They did this as a trial, and odds are wo

https://app.photobucket.com/u/lostindefeat23/a/05474e15-dae8-4753-9a3b-3ea20d532092/p/799dfc4a-7ef6-4008-af5e-603bbf75a3ee   https://app.photobucket.com/u/lostindefeat23/a/05474e15-dae8-4753

• 2 weeks later...

Phil did the Seed Cast podcast this week and I recommend giving it a listen, It’s a really solid play. He said they’re going to do physical release special edition of Circles on Circles, release the studio documentary and then the live cabot show with the orchestra. We’ll see it all around the time live shows start coming back. I’m ready for a Caspian show and hoping they do some US dates with Holy Fawn. 

• 1 month later...

So I finally pulled the trigger on the Dark Operative Tertia press.  Spinning it now.  To me, it is far superior in sound than any of the six Mylene Sheath variants I have listened to. If you are a fan of Caspian / Tertia, it's definitely worth purchasing to experience the sound of this new pressing.  What is unfortunate is how lackluster the record was presented with it's packaging.  Flimsy vinyl that barely feels 140gram with rough edges that weren't even cut properly at the plant, plain Jane "La Vie En Rose" vinyl color (basically just clear vinyl with a slight pink tone), cheap jacket with none of the bells and whistles of some of the earlier Mylene Sheath pressings (gold foil stamping, gatefold, etc), and misprinted labels on sides A, B, and C that say it is spun at 45rpm when it's actually 33rpm.  I wonder how many thousand copies were pressed with that misprint?  Dark Operative / Magic Bullet / Brent still sucks.