PO Soon: The Fall of Troy - Doppelgänger (Reissue)

ringo_0

By the time the site finally went up to process orders, I was already at work. .. so yeah, no chance lol .. can’t remember the last time a whole store front and e-commerce fully crashed because of a preorder of 1k run of records. 

Will keep an eye out for the new variants in a few weeks and hope for the best. 

Edited by tokimedo

1 minute ago, ringo_0 said:

They said on IG that they'll likely be doing an open pre-order so they'll know how many to press for the next run

That should be the norm. I’m tired of limited run crap. Trying to race to get your order through, setting alarms, crossing your fingers, hoping you have a moment free at work, etc. 

I think it was slightly naïve of TFOT to not anticipate the demand for this album. They acknowledged the secondhand prices previous presses have gone for in their initial post announcing this repress. They easily could have made these four variants out of 500 each and still sold out of them. However, it's good to see that they feel bad about how this all shook out and are genuine in wanting to make sure the demand is met. 

With how Equal Vision handled the recent repress of All's Well the Ends Well, my guess is that they are planning to handle repressing Doppelganger in a similar fashion. My guess would be a few more limited variants and then the open pre-order that TFOT has announced. 

5 hours ago, dapeebs said:

With how Equal Vision handled the recent repress of All's Well the Ends Well, my guess is that they are planning to handle repressing Doppelganger in a similar fashion. My guess would be a few more limited variants and then the open pre-order that TFOT has announced. 

Do you know if that Chiodos open pre-order was for colored or black wax?

4 minutes ago, ghost said:

Do you know if that Chiodos open pre-order was for colored or black wax?

As far as I know Chiodos did not have one. Discogs shows about 2500 pressed in Sept/Oct, not including the pink for breast cancer awareness. 

The open preorder was something apparently that TFOT said they wanted to do. Unsure if that will actually be reality though. 

On 11/27/2020 at 5:19 PM, N8TRU said:

From TFOT: https://www.instagram.com/p/CIHGBWzhbDW/

Meanwhile Equal Vision acts like nothing happened

Yeah I thought this was very strange. Band wants to do right but this is play-by-play of what EVR did for Chiodos. So EVR called the shots and then didn't want to be the face of it when it went bad...

I have seen slow websites during pre-orders, but I have never seen a whole site die for 1.5+ hours.

As for the open pre-order thing. I get that's what's ideal for us but that obviously leads to longer lead times on the vinyl, which then leads to people berating them for months asking "when is this coming?" like kids on a RV vacation.

31 minutes ago, zerohacker said:

Where are these mockups?

Someone that I believe is well-connected posted them on a FB group. He requested that they not be shared because “if images get spread too much [he] won’t be able to post previews like this in the future”.

But I recommend joining the New Vinyl Releases FB group.

3 hours ago, NoWorthyIcons said:

Someone that I believe is well-connected posted them on a FB group. He requested that they not be shared because “if images get spread too much [he] won’t be able to post previews like this in the future”.

But I recommend joining the New Vinyl Releases FB group.

Thank you! Wow those looks sick

would be great to see after the 72hrs expired they tell that how many of each variant sold, just for pressing numbers, but I bet we won't see how much money they make of it :) 

the idea is pretty cool, more high demand releases should be done like this.

Edited by xfactor675