PO Soon: The Fall of Troy - Doppelgänger (Reissue)

ringo_0

58 minutes ago, Multiverse said:

I can't wait to spin this and immediately regret purchasing it because I was chasing youth and nostalgia and not the actual album lol

I did this exact dance when I bought the first ETR repress ages ago, so I sold it. 
Now I have this ordered. Nostalgia is a fuckin’ disease. 

It does hold up - it’s a technical masterpiece IMO. But it’s going to be hard to play it with my two kids under 4 around...

9 minutes ago, Boaty McBoatface said:

I did this exact dance when I bought the first ETR repress ages ago, so I sold it. 
Now I have this ordered. Nostalgia is a fuckin’ disease. 

It does hold up - it’s a technical masterpiece IMO. But it’s going to be hard to play it with my two kids under 4 around...

Fuck them kids and their eardrums

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ghost said:

😔 that launch was pretty abysmal. Which variant were you able to nab?

Yeah sitting around on thanksgiving refreshing like a pyschopath, got stopped at the checkout process so many times. haha.

I can't really complain as I did get both of the merge variants (Green/White  &  Yellow/Pink)

6 hours ago, V3XED said:

Yeah sitting around on thanksgiving refreshing like a pyschopath, got stopped at the checkout process so many times. haha.

I can't really complain as I did get both of the merge variants (Green/White  &  Yellow/Pink)

Nice, congrats to you. I was able to grab the second press splatter and unlimited variant. The green/white looks surprisingly good and matches the og artwork well.

On 2/18/2021 at 11:12 PM, ghost said:

Nice, congrats to you. I was able to grab the second press splatter and unlimited variant. The green/white looks surprisingly good and matches the og artwork well.

Yeah agreed, quite pleased with that one! I also did nab the round2 splatter, which I have seen pics of and it came out great as well. (see image from a friend) 

Oh and as suggested above, I checked my 'order status' via merch now and these are indeed already in the mail, though I was never notified lol.

8WXteN4.jpg

14FNLr6.jpg

Edited by V3XED

4 hours ago, V3XED said:

Yeah agreed, quite pleased with that one! I also did nab the round2 splatter, which I have seen pics of and it came out great as well. (see image from a friend) 

Oh and as suggested above, I checked my 'order status' via merch now and these are indeed already in the mail, though I was never notified lol.

14FNLr6.jpg

Are those the 72 hour window pressings?

6 hours ago, cautionthieves said:

Are those the 72 hour window pressings?

The bottom two are the x/250 pressings from the first go around. 

The one in the top middle is the splatter from the second round, but was still x/500, not "unlimited" over the 72 hour window like the other two were. 

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, CatsNJazz said:

I completely forgot I ordered this until I got that email lol

How is this still a thing? I keep a spreadsheet of all the things I pre-order, a status column, dates of last emails, shipping codes, etc. Currently sitting at 30 things, including some keycaps and protective outer sleeves which somehow got hit by delays too...

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

Got the white/red/black mix in today, looks great. Mailer was very sturdy and no seam splits. Haven’t spun it yet but it’s great to finally have this release on hand!

Got mine as well, very solid mailer, packed well and still got a little seam split.  Oh well I guess, gave it a spin last night and while I have nothing to compare it to, thought it sounded great!

Yeah I got my red/black/white & pink/black in the other day. Honestly I think the former doesn't look great, and the latter is more white than pink. However they both sound great when compared to my 2 ETR copies. The instruments on the new pressings have much more punch and I was hearing bass lines I don't think I've heard before even on digital.

3 hours ago, birdturbo said:

Yeah I got my red/black/white & pink/black in the other day. Honestly I think the former doesn't look great, and the latter is more white than pink. However they both sound great when compared to my 2 ETR copies. The instruments on the new pressings have much more punch and I was hearing bass lines I don't think I've heard before even on digital.

I’ll take an ugly, good sounding pressing over a pretty one with shit dynamic range any day. Glad to hear it sounds good. Can’t wait to spin it. I’ll have to compare it to digital via my CXN V2.