[HELP] Has anyone ever had the PVC sleeve replaced?

today i picked up a copy of the olafur arnalds new album which i ordered  online from my local store.  as they do with online orders, they placed a large sticker with my name and email address and order # etc etc over the sleeve.  while it’s normally not an issue with polysleeves which i almost never keep, this album comes with a printed pvc sleeve. and as i tried removing it, not only did the sticker not come off completely (admittedly i did a terrible job myself but it wasn’t easy), part of the artwork also got peeled off with the sticker. 

do i have a case to take it to the record store for an exchange or contact the label for a replacement? 

this is how it's supposed to look:

spacer.png

Edited by wuhanclan

• wuhanclan changed the title to [HELP] Has anyone ever had the PVC sleeve replaced?

On 11/27/2020 at 6:11 PM, wuhanclan said:

today i picked up a copy of the olafur arnalds new album which i ordered  online from my local store.  as they do with online orders, they placed a large sticker with my name and email address and order # etc etc over the sleeve.  while it’s normally not an issue with polysleeves which i almost never keep, this album comes with a printed pvc sleeve. and as i tried removing it, not only did the sticker not come off completely (admittedly i did a terrible job myself but it wasn’t easy), part of the artwork also got peeled off with the sticker. 

do i have a case to take it to the record store for an exchange or contact the label for a replacement? 

this is how it's supposed to look:

spacer.png

Toss the PVC sleeve and use a polyethylene bag.

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/product/4186/12-record-jacket-sleeve-font-colorredno-flapfontbr12-34-x-12-34-x-b3-mil-bpolyethylene

Over time, the PVC sleeve outgasses, and will destroy the surface of your record.

spacer.png

Edited by Plarocks