The Apex Theory - Topsy-Turvy

borateen

$100, tax deductible, limited to 500 with the first 50 autographed/numbered.  Free shipping in 4-6 months.  From toysofthemasses.com:

spacer.png

"A limited pressing of Topsy-Turvy on 180g vinyl, first 50 will be signed & numbered... All proceeds after costs, will be donated to www.ArmeniaFund.org

All transactions conducted by The Make Art Not War Foundation, a 501c3 Non-Profit for the Arts.  Your purchase is 100% tax deductible. You will receive a receipt for your taxes."

from ig.com/theapextheoryofficial:

"@theapextheoryofficial

Topsy-Turvy on 180g Vinyl.
All proceeds go to Armenia Fund.
Limited 500, $100.
First 50 get signed copy."

expensive but it's for a good cause, had to cop this.  i've been waiting forever!  would be cool to be one of the first 50.

Fffuuuccckkk! Never thought I’d see this happen! I’ve got my finger hoverin’ over the “Process Payment” button right now, but $100 is steep. It benefits a great cause absolutely, no argument there! But has it been remastered to go on wax? I doubt it.

I wonder how they got Andy/Ontronik Khachaturian to agree to autograph copies?

• 4 months later...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNV_3cen9_L

Thank You to all who have been ordering the Topsy Turvy Vinyl! Thank You to Gil for doing the Vinyl Mastering! @capsulelabs They are in production as we speak! We apologize for the delay, this was out of our hands. We planned on 4-6 month turn around, but vinyl plants are just backed up, we’re lucky we got the orders in. Thank you @erikarecords

Edited by angryalan

• 9 months later...
On 1/16/2022 at 8:10 AM, angryalan said:

Nothing yet.

I messaged the band (Sammy) a month ago asking if there was an update with the production, but no reply yet.

The last vinyl update was a video of them running through the test press back in June. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I was just thinkin' 'bout this yesterday! I'm gettin' a little agitated with the lack of updates especially as this was not a cheap purchase.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
7 hours ago, Kyte30351 said:

So they sent an email out three weeks ago that these should have started shippin' finally. Has anybody actually received it though?

Got the same emailed from David. I replied back with the same address I used when I made the original purchase, just to be safe.

Nothing yet.

I did see (and save) some photos and videos of them unpacking all of their bulk vinyl from the plant/manufacturer. They are real. 
I’m just going to patiently wait as always.

Side note: @phillybhatesme you should really check out the entire album!

Edited by angryalan

• 4 weeks later...

Getting closer! An update from David:

"Hello Apex Friends & Family, 

The vinyl are ready for shipping, but one slight detail, we had promised to sign them... As we speak they are in transit to Washington State for Sammy J to sign, return to us, for the rest of us to sign.. The USPS has been super slow on getting this to him, but we are working on it. Apologize for these delays, we are trying to get these out as soon as we can. "

spacer.png

21 hours ago, angryalan said:

Getting closer! An update from David:

"Hello Apex Friends & Family, 

The vinyl are ready for shipping, but one slight detail, we had promised to sign them... As we speak they are in transit to Washington State for Sammy J to sign, return to us, for the rest of us to sign.. The USPS has been super slow on getting this to him, but we are working on it. Apologize for these delays, we are trying to get these out as soon as we can. "

spacer.png

Glad to finally have an update, but they should've just said that sooner!

• 3 months later...

two and a half years later, it has arrived! the packaging and layout is really nice. spinning it for the first time and it sounds pretty great! the second jacket is autographed in the gatefold, not numbered. so stoked to finally have this!

https://imgur.com/a/npS0GjC

Edited by borateen

I finally picked my copy up today as well…at my previous address. I tried to confirm with the sender twice when they sent out the email to update your address last November, but never got any response.

Thankfully my ma is now livin’ at my former house, but it makes me worry fer the people who don’t know who lives in their old domicile.

I’m excited to give it a listen this weekend. Obviously to compare it to the CD, but I also recently acquired an advance promo CD of the album when it was originally called Random Bursts. Different tracklist, with an unreleased (and underwhelmin’) song titled “Calm-It”, and slightly different mixes on a few tunes.