PO: The Wonder Years - The Upsides + Suburbia 4xLP Boxset

The 4xLP 10-year commemorative box set collection features the two albums in their entirety, one bonus/rarities LP, and one archival/demo LP. The bonus LP features b-sides and acoustic tracks, as well as the two new tracks “Brakeless” and “Out On My Feet.” The archival LP features never-before-released demos and voice notes, giving fans a special look into the making of these classic albums. But the coolest part of the box set is the 32 page booklet filled with old photos from the Upsides/Suburbia era, essays from the band about the recording/writing/touring of each album, b-sides and bonus tracks, archival demos, and the 2 new songs written for the anniversary/box set, and quotes/testimonials about the era from friends and the band’s extended team.

- Hopeless “Split Variant” Pre-Order Exclusive:
- LP1 Upsides- Opaque Light Blue (P16) and Solid White (#1) Color in Color
- LP2 Suburbia- Opaque Orange (#4) / Solid White (#1) Color in Color
- LP3 Bonus- Opaque Maroon (P8) / Solid White (#1) Color in Color
- LP4 Archival- Opaque Gray (#8) / Solid White (#1) Color in Color
- Comes with a reading of the liner notes for the visually impaired (upon request)

Tracklist:

LP 1
01 My Last Semester
02 Logan Circle
03 Everything I Own Fits in This Backpack
04 Dynamite Shovel
05 New Years with Carl Weathers
06 It’s Never Sunny in South Philadelphia
07 Hostels & Brothels
08 Melrose Diner
09 This Party Sucks
10 Hey Thanks
11 Washington Square Park
12 All My Friends are in Bar Bands

LP 2
01 Came Out Swinging
02 Woke Up Older
03 Local Man Ruins Everything
04 Suburbia
05 My Life as a Pigeon
06 Summers in PA
07 I Won’t Say the Lord’s Prayer
08 Coffee Eyes
09 I’ve Given You All
10 Don’t Let Me Cave In
11 You Made Me Want to be a Saint
12 Hoodie Weather
13 And Now I’m Nothing

LP 3
01 Brakeless
02 Leavenhouse. 11:30.
03 I Was Scared and I’m Sorry
04 Dynamite Shovel (Campfire Version)
05 Logan Circle (A New Hope)
06 We Won’t Bury You
07 Out on My Feet
08 Living Room Song
09 Me vs the Highway
10 My Life as Rob Gordon
11 Local Man Ruins Everything (Acoustic)
12 Woke Up Older (Acoustic)

LP 4
01 Melrose Diner (Voice Note Kitchen Demo, 9-14-08, 1:33 am)
02 Citywide Special (Basement Demo, 7-1-09, 9:55 am)
03 It’s Never Sunny in South Philadelphia (Basement Demo, 7-1-09, 10:11 am)
04 All My Friends are in Bar Bands (Basement Acoustic Demo, 7-3-09, 5:09 pm)
05 Logan Circle (Basement Demo, 7-4-09, 1:33 am)
06 My Last Semester (Basement Demo, 7-4-09, 5:17 pm)
07 Don’t Let Me Cave In/Woke Up Older (Voice Note God’s Butt Demo, 8-23-10, 8:44 am)
08 Coffee Eyes (Voice Note Trailer Demo, 8-27-10, 6:56 pm)
09 Coffee Eyes (Live Practice Demo, 11-14-10)
10 Came Out Swinging (Basement Demo, 11-26-10)
11 Don’t Let Me Cave In (Basement Demo, 11-26-10)
12 Local Man Ruins Everything (Live Practice Demo, 11-29-10)

Variants (To Be Updated):
/1500 Galaxy (Band)
      US  -  https://www.thewonderyearsband.com/password
/1000 Half and Half (Hopeless Records)

US  -  https://hopelessrecords.myshopify.com/collections/the-wonder-years

EU  -  https://www.hopelessrecords.eu/hlrde/the-wonder-years-the-upsides-suburbia-10-year-anniversary-4-lp-box-set.html
/300 Signed for Spotify

Edited by MCDELTAT

10 year anniversary of Upsides and Suburbia vinyl release possible. They released the track "Brakelights" last month that was like a newly-recorded version of essentially a b-side from Upsides-era. I would bet "Out on my Feet" is the same idea. I think they've also teased a 4xLP release forthcoming, but I'm not 100% on that.

I doubt it's going to be a new full-length album. If anything, it will be a 7" single with the 2 new songs. I'd be surprised if they did another expanded version of The Upsides. I'm guessing it will be an expanded version of Suburbia with the extra tracks from the deluxe digital edition.

They have always said that the video footage from 10th anniversary shows in 2015 were damaged (or stolen) but I do wonder if they were able to get audio from the three shows. If that was the case, it's a (very slim) possibility that it will be a 4xLP live album.

Call me old fashioned, but this is the kind of package I’d want to buy as a 2 CD set. For no more than 20 bucks. Or just a 2xLP of the bonus/new material. This 4xLP thing is too bloated. I already have the two albums on vinyl, why are you making me buy them again? Not to mention they’ve been pressed 19 times each already. 

• MCDELTAT changed the title to PO: The Wonder Years - The Upsides + Suburbia 4xLP Boxset
4 minutes ago, Uw0tm8 said:

Call me old fashioned, but this is the kind of package I’d want to buy as a 2 CD set. For no more than 20 bucks. Or just a 2xLP of the bonus/new material. This 4xLP thing is too bloated. I already have the two albums on vinyl, why are you making me buy them again? Not to mention they’ve been pressed 19 times each already. 

Agree and don't agree. I sold both of these albums so needed new copies anyways, but they are technically out of print and a little more expensive than they were originally. I've also always wanted some of the original artwork from The Upsides as opposed to the Hank the Pidgeon cover. Definitely feel you on the price though, especially if they ever do repress these album seperately.

This makes complete sense and I really want it, but it's probably going to be a bit too much for me. I wish I could just get the records on their own, I have the b-sides digitally and the voice notes and stuff is something I'd listen to once. However, I'm happy the band is putting in so much love for this.

Excited about this since I don't own either record on vinyl. Always kind of disappointing that No Sleep and Hopeless didn't do a better job with keeping this pressed. The market was probably often there. So this is welcomed from me. The bonus material of b-sides and acoustic stuff is cool. They could've kept the voice notes, in my opinion though. I don't see myself ever bothering with that. I'm sure mega fans of the band will be super into that though, so that's neat.

Repeating a few sentiments here as others have: in a year where bands have lost so much, especially financially, giving them a few extra bucks (that I would've more than likely spent on shows anyways) for an awesome boxset doesn't make me think twice, not even for one second.

Also "Out On My Feet" is an epic song. That aint just some b-side - god damnnnnnnnn

Edited by ethanpricington

1 hour ago, TheWindBlower said:

Excited about this since I don't own either record on vinyl. Always kind of disappointing that No Sleep and Hopeless didn't do a better job with keeping this pressed. The market was probably often there. So this is welcomed from me. The bonus material of b-sides and acoustic stuff is cool. They could've kept the voice notes, in my opinion though. I don't see myself ever bothering with that. I'm sure mega fans of the band will be super into that though, so that's neat.

i honestly had no idea either were out of press at this point. six, eight, ten years ago, it felt like four presses of both upsides and suburbia (or whatever it ended up being) would be plenty. same with WBPF. you used to see 10 ebay listings a day for all these, now you see maybe one a month. all of which is to say... yes, agreed that they probably could have kept churning these out. i think this makes up for the wait for more-recent followers of the band

Edited by chamb117