Official POP MUSIC Catch-All Thread That's Not T-Swizzle

jhulud

• 3 weeks later...

Wasn't sure where to post this, but if you like your 80's Japanese City Pop.

Mariya Takeuchi - Plastic Love

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/WPJL-10152

Variety and Request are also being reissued, but have already sold out on CDJapan. I imagine this will as well.

https://slayyyter.com/

Use microsoft edge for the repress. The site has security issues.

$25.00

This item is a pre-order and expected to ship in December.

Limited edition clear with pink splatter vinyl.

She's doing signed CDs and anniversary merch too.

Edited by N8TRU

I didn't know where else to post this. 

Concrete Castles. They're like in the same vein as Paramore but not as punky? I don't know. I dig them. They're being backed by Equal Vision. I am really diggin' their record. 

On 8/27/2021 at 11:03 AM, thglif52 said:

The new album by Maise Peters You Signed up for this was a really fun listen.   Some great jams and good songwriting!

Bought tix to see her. She's playing the same night as Billie, but in a small club. Tix were only $22. I think this may be my first pop show. Actually I did see Madonna waaaay back when.

Baby Queen just released her debut album this summer. There are 3 variants available on her website (blue, picture disc, and black.) She's UK based so her vinyl is a little costly to import to the US.

Her first release on a 10" isn't too difficult to find for a good price.

Baby Queen – Medicine (2020, Pink [Hot Pink], Vinyl) - Discogs

44 minutes ago, dnl said:

Fickle Friends 2nd album is out in January. There is a webstore exclusive. New single is great and these guys are always consistent in their output.

Ugh, i'm getting like $24 as the lowest shipping cost.  (Baby Queen was only $10, which is totally manageable...)

Ralph's newest EP was released on vinyl a couple months ago. She gets comparisons to Carly Rae which I can see, but I think it has more to do with both of them being Canadian pop singers. Her songs stay stuck in my head and I regularly spin through her entire discography.

I do appreciate that she is an artist that puts all of her releases on vinyl. 3 EPs and an album all available on vinyl. I can't help you find her debut EP and album, but the 2nd EP and 3rd EP can be bought on her site

Some of my favorites from her:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I love listening to pop music. For me, this genre is the most melodic and pleasant to listen to. I like Adele's songs. The lyrics of her songs have deep meaning. I listen to her songs when I feel sad and want to think about life. I also like the songs of Dhruv. Their melody, calmness, clever lyrics help me to relax and forget about all my problems. I found his song Double Take in Spotify's recommendations, and I liked it. But last month, my subscription to that app ran out, and I stopped listening to music there. Now I downloaded my favorite songs to a separate folder on my phone. This Dhruv song has a special place there. And I downloaded it at https://double-take.mymp3.red/ for free and in good quality.

Edited by Dinazifend

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2021 at 9:43 AM, Dinazifend said:

I love listening to pop music. For me, this genre is the most melodic and pleasant to listen to. I like Adele's songs. The lyrics of her songs have deep meaning. I listen to her songs when I feel sad and want to think about life. I also like the songs of Dhruv. Their melody, calmness, clever lyrics help me to relax and forget about all my problems. I found his song Double Take in Spotify's recommendations, and I liked it. But last month, my subscription to that app ran out, and I stopped listening to music there. Now I downloaded my favorite songs to a separate folder on my phone. This Dhruv song has a special place there. And I downloaded it at https://double-take.mymp3.red/ for free and in good quality.

lmao

• 1 month later...