Official POP MUSIC Catch-All Thread That's Not T-Swizzle

jhulud

16 minutes ago, dnl said:

Anyone have any 2023 pop albums they want to recommend that anyone hasn't posted yet?

A bunch of these have been posted but I've found I liked more pop music this year than any other. I'm not sure if my interests are changing or if it's the state of music in general.

My favorites in order of release date (with some R&B and adjacent stuff added):

Albums

Ava Max “Diamonds & Dancefloors”

Kali Uchis “Red Moon in Venus”

Bebe Rexha "Bebe"

Jessie Ware "That! Feels Good!"

Sue Clayton "Rookie"
Softee “Natural”
Kim Petras “Feed the Beast”

Gus Dapperton "Henge"

George Clanton "Ooh Rap I Ya"

Icona Pop “Club Romantech”

Leah Kate "Super Over"
Doja Cat “Scarlet”
Slayyyter “Starfucker” (easily my #1)

Carr “The CARR Show”
Dorian Electra "Fanfare"
Cobrah "Succubus"

Sizzy Rocket "Rat"
Wild Nothing “Hold”
Tkay Maidza “Sweet Justice”

EPs

Qveen Herby “The Muse”

Skyler Acord “True Viridian”

Magdalena Bay "Mini Mix Vol. 3"

:3lON “Eden”

Boys World "Me, My Girls & I"

GALXARA "You Are What You Eat"

Rosse “Blood Sweat No Tears”

Lexxe “Santa Sangre”
Gia Woods “Your Engine”
Rei Ami “Shhh”

3 hours ago, N8TRU said:

A bunch of these have been posted but I've found I liked more pop music this year than any other. I'm not sure if my interests are changing or if it's the state of music in general.

This is how I've been feeling for the last few years. Adding more and more pop than other genres to my collection every year.

• 3 weeks later...

Vinyl Records + Cassette Tapes on Sale | Urban Outfitters

UO is having a sale for 50% off on clearance vinyl (price in cart.) I just got 6 albums for $7.49 each.

Recommended including some albums already posted here before: Anna of the North, Ashe, G Flip, Hatchie, K.Flay, Roosevelt, Sylvan Esso, Tessa Violet.

8 hours ago, dnl said:

Vinyl Records + Cassette Tapes on Sale | Urban Outfitters

UO is having a sale for 50% off on clearance vinyl (price in cart.) I just got 6 albums for $7.49 each.

Recommended including some albums already posted here before: Anna of the North, Ashe, G Flip, Hatchie, K.Flay, Roosevelt, Sylvan Esso, Tessa Violet.

Picked up the Backstreet Boys Christmas album lol

• 2 weeks later...

MØ "No Mythologies To Follow" 10 year anniversary vinyl with 4 unreleased tracks.

https://hmv.com/Store/Music/Vinyl/No-Mythologies-to-Follow

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mythologies-Follow-10th-Anniversary-VINYL/dp/B0CT3M8XVR/ref=sr_1_1

These are the only links I can find at the moment. 

From her newsletter:

I’ll also be releasing an exclusive double LP reissue of ‘No Mythologies to Follow’. The release will be pressed on transparent red vinyl and will include printed inners and a special anniversary poster. It also includes 4 previously unreleased tracks from the NMTF era, as well as other favourites, that have never been on vinyl previously. It’s out 15th March, but the pre-order is live now!

Fletcher's 2nd album is out March 22nd.

Wouldn't be surprised to see an Urban Outfitters variant too. Also wouldn't be too surprised if you skip the PO and find it cheaper after release like any other Fletcher release.

Another rec: Verite's 3rd album is being repressed with extra tracks. It's a bit pricey but she has always been an independent artist.

*signed* love you forever deluxe vinyl (pre order) – veriteshop

Both presses are limited to 500. The first sold out last year during PO and I'm not sure many, if any, copies made it to the resell market. I also recommend checking out her first 2 albums. Personally, she's my favorite pop artist and I credit her music with shifting my tastes and getting me interested in pop again a few years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://charli-xcx-merch.myshopify.com/

Upcoming Charli XCX blind pre-sale. It's a picture disc so I'm definitely not biting.

"360_brat exclusive vinyl
Sale price$46.00 USD
Released: Summer 2024
This product is currently on pre-order. Orders containing this product will be dispatched in line with the advertised release date.
12.5 x 12.25 inches. 140 grams. PVC. contains mastered audio content. gatefold with inner die cut hole. 2 sided picture disc. lyric book. newsprint insert. sticker inside shrink wrap. limited edition run. buy it you're gonna love it :)"

• 1 month later...