PO: The Devil Wears Prada - Dead Throne (Repress)

https://dsfamily.de/home/117-the-devil-wears-prada-dead-throne-lp.html?fbclid=IwAR1k3AAfvVyJKDgaZ0R-CMmB1oovzIoK6oKvZuIzkdLte33kS9M13pzlUGk

https://www.emp.co.uk/p/dead-throne/490244.html

https://www.plastichead.com/item.aspx?catno=CG143954LP

Pressing Info:

Silver Metallic /100

Neon Lime/Black /100 *SOLD OUT*

Clear/Black /100 (EMP Exclusive)

Golden /150 (Plastic Head Exclusive)

Grey/Black /150 (Retail)

Edited by mcpaddolive

1 hour ago, V3XED said:

Anyone have a copy of 8:18 they want to sell or trade?
I dont really like the album, but its the only one Im missing in my collection lamo.

Also yes, this album was due for a repress, may even get myself another copy.
liking the look of that neon variant.

Give 8:18 another listen it’s a great album. The only one of theirs I need is the one before this last one. 

4 hours ago, V3XED said:

Anyone have a copy of 8:18 they want to sell or trade?
I dont really like the album, but its the only one Im missing in my collection lamo.

Also yes, this album was due for a repress, may even get myself another copy.
liking the look of that neon variant.

8:18 is available at plastic head as well

https://www.plastichead.com/item.aspx?catno=CG64540LP

If I had to guess, the band isn't getting any money from this which is kind of sad. I haven't seen them mention it. I know the Zombie repress is coming since they answered my question on Prada Pod but this makes me wonder if someone else will press it before them.

Just now, N8TRU said:

If I had to guess, the band isn't getting any money from this which is kind of sad. I haven't seen them mention it. I know the Zombie repress is coming since they answered my question on Prada Pod but this makes me wonder if someone else will press it before them.

I have also heard that is in the works, any more specifics on the timeframe? Obviously hype for that.

And yeah, lots of pressings going down w/o artist approval right now.
Periphery currently has two new pressings of their 1st LP, and one of them they are shunning like a lepper child.

The other of course they are happily promoting and linking to, so I assume the other one is not giving them any kickbacks. 

Just now, V3XED said:

I have also heard that is in the works, any more specifics on the timeframe? Obviously hype for that.

They said 2021, no other details unfortunately. I imagine it'll take a long time for them to do it and with delays and rights and I wouldn't be surprised if it'll be 2022. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait! My black copy of Zombie sounds AWFUL.

18 minutes ago, MichaelMush said:

Have I missed out on these? Can’t fine anything on EMP or Plastic Head. Maybe it’s my browser telling me “You don’t need this record, you’re not a scene kid anymore, grow the fuck up” 

I didn't see them on either of those sites. Had to use the link in the first post to order from EU, which wasn't bad. $28.50 USD shipped.

2 hours ago, V3XED said:

And yeah, lots of pressings going down w/o artist approval right now.
Periphery currently has two new pressings of their 1st LP, and one of them they are shunning like a lepper child.

The other of course they are happily promoting and linking to, so I assume the other one is not giving them any kickbacks. 

I have a feeling it’s a bit like the Every Time I Die Hot Damn Press that Creep did last year.  Ferret was bought by Warner and Dead Serious have bought the rights to make a vinyl release without the band being aware, it’s a tad shit by Warner not to mention anything to the band as I can imagine if there was knowledge and some sort of agreement in place, this would be sold out by now. Someone did mention this to Mike though and he wasn’t aware of it but he’s obviously aware now. 

As for EMP and Plastic Head, they haven’t put their exclusives up at all. For anyone who’s sitting on the fence about getting a copy, there’s less than 25 copies of the Grey Smoke variant, a fair amount of the Silver Metallic though.

13 minutes ago, mcpaddolive said:

I have a feeling it’s a bit like the Every Time I Die Hot Damn Press that Creep did last year.  Ferret was bought by Warner and Dead Serious have bought the rights to make a vinyl release without the band being aware, it’s a tad shit by Warner not to mention anything to the band as I can imagine if there was knowledge and some sort of agreement in place, this would be sold out by now. Someone did mention this to Mike though and he wasn’t aware of it but he’s obviously aware now. 

Interesting. I mean the ETID press came out just fine, so it's just a little messed up that the bands aren't consulted.

25 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Interesting. I mean the ETID press came out just fine, so it's just a little messed up that the bands aren't consulted.

ETID also didn’t advertise the Hot Damn repress as at first they weren’t aware about it but were made aware, they did confirm it was official in the end and I’m

going to guess this is going to be the same.

The consulting between Warner and the bands is poor though

Edited by mcpaddolive