Bad Brains Records (Reissue Campaign!)

Org Music replied to someone on their IG post that they are using best possible sources for the reissues (some analog, some hi res digital) based on what was available after a couple of years searching and legal wrangling, etc.  I’m paraphrasing but they ended by saying they felt these versions would sound better that the original pressings.   Hope I Against I and God of Love get included at some point.

Edited by MtrCtyWx
Spelling, grammar

1 hour ago, MtrCtyWx said:

Org Music replied to someone on their IG post that they are using best possible sources for the reissues (some analog, some hi res digital) based on what was available after a couple of years searching and legal wrangling, etc.  I’m paraphrasing but they ended by saying they felt these versions would sound better that the original pressings.   Hope I Against I and God of Love get included at some point.

My original copy of I Against I sounds great. I would roll the dice on a new pressing just because it means a lot to me. There's nothing like seeing Bad Brains live with them going straight from a hardcore song to a reggae song with a stage diver in mid air.

1 minute ago, lexicondevil said:

My original copy of I Against I sounds great. I would roll the dice on a new pressing just because it means a lot to me. There's nothing like seeing Bad Brains live with them going straight from a hardcore song to a reggae song with a stage diver in mid air.

I had a chance to see them in Detroit in the early 2000s but went to see the Locust instead.  While I’ve long regretted my decision, I’m told it was a rough show - HR was allegedly sitting in a chair on stage with a birdcage while the band played the set and he didn’t sing.

Just now, MtrCtyWx said:

I had a chance to see them in Detroit in the early 2000s but went to see the Locust instead.  While I’ve long regretted my decision, I’m told it was a rough show - HR was allegedly sitting in a chair on stage with a birdcage while the band played the set and he didn’t sing.

I've also seen HR solo a couple times and both times some super weird shit went down. One time he hid behind one of the speakers and was shouting at some random dude. He just crouched there for a good 20 minutes. Kookoobananas!

I’ve seen them live four times. The last time was the weirdest one. It was at a small art gallery that would hold shows every so often. The band sounded tight & were energetic but their set was more reggae than punk, which was fine by me. At the start of their set, HR came out with a suitcase & sat on it for pretty much the whole first song. It was essentially a jam session. Throughout the night he would pace around singing & sitting on the suitcase. 

Then a year or so later, I’m listening to a Henry Rollins spoken word thing & he relates the same thing happening when he saw BB: HR and his suitcase! 

I guess he was doing that during that tour. 

Fuckin’ weird. 

Is this website not confusing as fuck to everyone else? You click on the pay to cum 7" and it shows black vinyl but says colored vinyl limited to 1,000 and then says silver vinyl is limited to 300.

S/t shows black vinyl, cassette, CD, and the punk note edition (which has a completely separate listing).

It looks like HR put the website together.

2 hours ago, pepperonigin said:

Why in the world is shipping $10?

I’ve been seeing it with Kings Road and Merch Now more frequently- I guess they are trying to protect against USPS delays.  2-3 Descendents 7” would only ship priority at basically the cost of the records.  It was a bit much to accept so i passed.  Even priority mail is delayed in my area and package delays definitely have gotten worse.

4 minutes ago, MtrCtyWx said:

Menu interface has also changed - you can select format from each listing now.  Wish I waited - ordered pay to cum on black vinyl with my punk note LP  as it was the only version listed last week.   Merchnow/Org couldn’t have set up the store comply prior to going live? SMH

Ask them for cancel an order