Bad Brains Records (Reissue Campaign!)

I'd really like the punk note Rock For Light. I have copies of s/t and the 7" but I've wanted a copy for years and love that punk note project, if they ever used the Blondie ones for reissues I would have to buy them all on principle.  It says coming soon though did they sell out already or has that one not dropped?

10 hours ago, IntoXAnother said:

Rock For Light is coming in June and not available yet for Preorder.  Just Pay To Cum and S/T at the moment are available.  

Thanks for clearing that up, the punk note of self titled is tempting but I hate double dipping. This album is no sonic marvel, so I think I'll be good with my reissue from the earlier part of the decade. I have that RSD 7" already. I'm glad these will be available again widely, it's kinda dumb the reissue I have has been fetching $40 when it's just a run of the mill united repress.

Aww man. This is great. I'm going for the whole Punk Note/ colored set. I already have a few BB releases, but this is a must have "collection."  Glad these guys are able to cash in. 

Back in the day I had a huge Bad Brains back patch; now I just rock the beanie on occasion. I feel like a kid again collecting Bad Brains stuff. 

• 3 weeks later...

Preorders aren't up yet, but I just noticed that placeholders for the Punk Note versions of Rock for Light and Quickness are showing up in the store. Might be old news now, but these are so rad I had to share. 

https://badbrainsrecords.com/collections/bad-brains/products/babrrlpncl-lp

https://badbrainsrecords.com/collections/punk-note-edition/products/babrqkpncl-lp

On 1/5/2021 at 5:54 PM, mitchard said:

Preorders aren't up yet, but I just noticed that placeholders for the Punk Note versions of Rock for Light and Quickness are showing up in the store. Might be old news now, but these are so rad I had to share. 

https://badbrainsrecords.com/collections/bad-brains/products/babrrlpncl-lp

https://badbrainsrecords.com/collections/punk-note-edition/products/babrqkpncl-lp

Waiting to pull the trigger on all 3 of these at once. I wish they were all available to preorder!

And of course the S/T sells out before they put preorders up of the other two. Why couldn’t they just do a normal preorder for the 3?? MerchNow was absolutely clueless as to what was going on for the rollout upon contacting them as well. So bummed at how they handled this one. 

11 minutes ago, ludakrishayes said:

And of course the S/T sells out before they put preorders up of the other two. Why couldn’t they just do a normal preorder for the 3?? MerchNow was absolutely clueless as to what was going on for the rollout upon contacting them as well. So bummed at how they handled this one. 

Darn, I was on the same boat. 

I mean, sometimes colored ORGs make it out to select indie record stores. Hopefully this is the case now?

4 hours ago, ludakrishayes said:

I am completely surprised that it took that long. It's a shame because a band of this stature should have sold out in an hour.

On 1/17/2021 at 10:33 AM, ludakrishayes said:

I get saving a few bucks on shipping, but this thing was limited to 1000 and readily available for over a month... It was silly to wait if you wanted it. 

1 hour ago, mitchard said:

I get saving a few bucks on shipping, but this thing was limited to 1000 and readily available for over a month... It was silly to wait if you wanted it. 

Yep. I didn't even cancel my order with the high shipping to try and get the media mail because I was too afraid that right when I cancelled it would sell out.😄