Bad Brains Records (Reissue Campaign!)

If any of you delinquents actually care, Newbury also has some signed copies of a book about HR 

https://www.newburycomics.com/products/howie_abrams_james_lathos-finding_joseph_i_an_oral_history_of_hr_from_bad_brains?variant=39379345440948 

I know he's world renowned for his outstanding behavior and unbiased opinions, but I couldn't pass up that chance. He's HR. From Bad Brains.  

2 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

If any of you delinquents actually care, Newbury also has some signed copies of a book about HR 

https://www.newburycomics.com/products/howie_abrams_james_lathos-finding_joseph_i_an_oral_history_of_hr_from_bad_brains?variant=39379345440948 

I know he's world renowned for his outstanding behavior and unbiased opinions, but I couldn't pass up that chance. He's HR. From Bad Brains.  

Thanks for this! Ordered as well. 

It's HR!!!

I've spent much of covid building my jazz collection. Those Punk Note versions spoke to me but I have my originals of all of these. I am really tempted, but do I really need variants? 

Glad Quickness is getting a repress. It's so good. I can't help but feel like if it didn't have "Don't Blow Bubbles" that it would be talked about similarly to the first two albums. Song was out of step at the time it was released, remains even more so today. 

1 hour ago, jerseydave77 said:

I've spent much of covid building my jazz collection. Those Punk Note versions spoke to me but I have my originals of all of these. I am really tempted, but do I really need variants? 

Glad Quickness is getting a repress. It's so good. I can't help but feel like if it didn't have "Don't Blow Bubbles" that it would be talked about similarly to the first two albums. Song was out of step at the time it was released, remains even more so today. 

They’re remasters, so I’m going for them! 

I absolutely love those Punk Note covers as well. I grabbed S/T with Rock For Light when it went back up. I’ll bite the bullet and pay separate shipping for Quickness when it goes up  - sounds like that one may be a ways away with current production times. 

4 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

My wife hired HR to do a video message for my recent birthday. I was so fucking stoked and surprised.

5 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

My wife hired HR to do a video message for my recent birthday. I was so fucking stoked and surprised.

I feel like cameo would make unsure of how to feel. Of course I'd be stoked, but it's such a bizarre thing to me. Congrats though, really cool wife.

Mine would be like, "so you want what from human resources? I don't, I don't understand."

As per Bad Brains/merchnow email:

Thank you for ordering from Bad Brains Records. We regret to inform you that the reissue of Bad Brains' self-titled album will be delayed due to unforeseen issues in the manufacturing process. The release will be moved from the original April 23rd release date to June 11th. This delay will impact all formats of the album, including the ‘Punk Note’ vinyl edition. 

Ugh

Update from Brooklyn Vegan:

Thank you so much for your BAD BRAINS purchase(s)

Due to ongoing pressing plant delays, the ship dates have been pushed back on all BAD BRAINS vinyl releases.

'Bad Brains' will begin shipping on 6/11/21

'I And I Survive' will begin shipping on 7/31/21

'Rock For Light' will begin shipping 9/24/21

If these dates change again, we will reach back out and continue to update you on your orders.

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Not part of the reissue campaign but saw this posted by The Hard Times...

BAD BRAINS 'INTO THE FUTURE' ALTERNATE SHEPARD FAIREY COVER LP (thehardtimes.net)

Goddamn that's pretty. I guess when the punk note version of this drops, I'll have 2 copies of it too.

On 3/24/2021 at 4:24 PM, MtrCtyWx said:

Update from Brooklyn Vegan:

Thank you so much for your BAD BRAINS purchase(s)

Due to ongoing pressing plant delays, the ship dates have been pushed back on all BAD BRAINS vinyl releases.

'Bad Brains' will begin shipping on 6/11/21

'I And I Survive' will begin shipping on 7/31/21

'Rock For Light' will begin shipping 9/24/21

If these dates change again, we will reach back out and continue to update you on your orders.

Fuckin' The Mars Volta backing up all the plants in the world. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

In honor of ITF arriving today, here's a mini-heart attack that just happened to me. 

I decided to create an account on the Bad Brains site so I could keep track of everything and I noticed there was only one order (Rock For Light), but I KNEW I ordered PTC on silver and Punk Note of S/T. I searched through my emails, aligned dates using this thread, checked credit card statements and Paypal. Nothing.

I am shattered. I knew I ordered it. I thought maybe I was too drunk at that time and didn't go through with it. No idea how I could have missed it.

On a last ditch effort I checked my bank statement, and BAM. I see it in Dec. Then I'm like, wait, but Bad Brains has no record of it, HOW WILL I PROVE IT?

Then it dawned on me. I must've used my gmail.

I did. Thank fuck.

TL;DR- I should only use one email address when ordering vinyl.

Edited by Fowty Dollaz

On 3/16/2021 at 1:52 AM, Sonorsaur said:

Zia Records website doesn't ship internationally! Really wanted that OG cover in colour! 

Keep an eye on their discogs listings. They'll usually throw a couple of their exclusives on there to help out international people and/or people who missed the PO