Bad Brains Records (Reissue Campaign!)

• 3 months later...

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, jhulud said:

Also listed...different color...on BB's site. No mention of a Punk Note edition. 

The Youth Are Getting Restless (Live At The Paradiso, Amsterdam, 1987) – Bad Brains Records

I was under the impression that the PN versions would just be studio albums. No idea why, but that was my impression.

Having said that, I just ordered a not-PN edition of Rise last week. 🤷

7 minutes ago, jhulud said:

So HR is going to be playing a show here this coming Sunday. It's kind of odd b/c I haven't seen any mention of a tour or anything. Only caught wind b/c the venue posted an event thing on FB and there's a listing on EventBrite. It's only $20 so may go out of curiosity. 

He came through my neck of the woods (Fort Wayne, IN) back in August.  There were no advertisements for it.  I just happened to stumble across a note about it in a local newspaper.  I think it was about $20 here too.  It was a good show.  All reggae, no bad brains punk stuff.  He did play some of bad brains reggae though, Leaving Babylon & I Love Jah. You can tell HR isn't 100%, if you know what I mean, but much better than he's been in the past.  There were about 30 people there.  I thought it was worth it.

29 minutes ago, Dub said:

He came through my neck of the woods (Fort Wayne, IN) back in August.  There were no advertisements for it.  I just happened to stumble across a note about it in a local newspaper.  I think it was about $20 here too.  It was a good show.  All reggae, no bad brains punk stuff.  He did play some of bad brains reggae though, Leaving Babylon & I Love Jah. You can tell HR isn't 100%, if you know what I mean, but much better than he's been in the past.  There were about 30 people there.  I thought it was worth it.

I saw him solo in the 90's and he wasn't 100% then. Before the show, he started screaming at some random dude in the audience as he crouched behind an amp. It was very uncomfortable and strange, but the show eventually happened and it was great.

• 2 months later...
On 11/16/2022 at 5:00 PM, jhulud said:

So HR is going to be playing a show here this coming Sunday. It's kind of odd b/c I haven't seen any mention of a tour or anything. Only caught wind b/c the venue posted an event thing on FB and there's a listing on EventBrite. It's only $20 so may go out of curiosity. 

I'm curious: how was that show ?

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...