Victory Records Auction

12 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

That's bonkers. Adding in stuff from those new pictures, I've ID'd 80% of the pallet (I'll share the list after the auction ends). I hope this goes to a collector, because if it's somebody looking to flip them, they're gonna take a bath.

I fixed the text they added to the pallet 🤣

"Test Presses from Various Artists such as: A Day To Remember; Thursday, Warzone, Atreyu, Bad Brains, Between The Buried And Me, Bayside, Broadside, Darkest Hour, Comeback Kid, Silverstein, Blood For Blood, Earth Crisis, Strife, Reverend, Horton Heat, Cause For Alarm, Snapcase, Jungle Rot & Others"

"Test Presses from Various Artists such as: Awaken I Am, Carousel Kings, Conveyer, Dead Girls Academy, We Ride, Shattered Sun, Feed Her to the Sharks, Sister Sin, Fall City Fall, Wretched, Pathology, Grave Maker, Thieves and Villains, Islander, Continents, The Royalty, Tear Out the Heart, Colours & others"

5 minutes ago, hookups96 said:

A lot of good stuff until you get to the more resent releases. Definitely think it’s going to be hard for an one to make back over $30k. The trunk with some possible older releases and at $12k might make some money back.

Yeah, I stopped at 10 (12.9 after taxes/fees) because that meant you needed to sell each record for $50 just to break even. There was also a wide range of records in that thing (200-300), and if even a quarter of it were newer releases, it could really put a hurting on any profit.

35 minutes ago, smailtronic said:

I'm out, 10 was my top. Seeing that 5 minutes show up when I thought I had it for 7.75 was infuriating.

A lot of online auctions like this have resorted to that format.  If there's heavy bidding at the end they add additional time.  

In regards to the tax, unless you have a resale certificate, you're going to pay state tax.

Edited by ZeroNowhere

1 hour ago, ZeroNowhere said:

A lot of online auctions like this have resorted to that format.  If there's heavy bidding at the end they add additional time.  

In regards to the tax, unless you have a resale certificate, you're going to pay state tax.

Or if you are from out of state

Hey, just wanted to drop a big thank you to everyone who put forth some real effort into trying to make a true 'vinyl collectives' dream come true on this one. It was a fun ride, and appreciate the goodhearted communal vibes.
@Tidal Wave, @smailtronic, @hookups96, @agua,  & others of course.

giphy.gif

P.S... No I was not able to win the garbage can lot, slipped through my fingers

Edited by V3XED