Victory Records Auction

35 minutes ago, agua said:

Ah, so that was the guy that came from Pennsylvania to check out the records. Strangely enough, other than the $3000 shelf, I don't remember seeing that much NOS vinyl available, but that's clearly what he got.

2 minutes ago, smailtronic said:

Ah, so that was the guy that came from Pennsylvania to check out the records. Strangely enough, other than the $3000 shelf, I don't remember seeing that much NOS vinyl available, but that's clearly what he got.

I saw the book shelf and it had the homesick records.  I would have spent like $400 dollars on it. Not $3k. 

Just now, smailtronic said:

Those prices are insane!

Ya I was just browsing and thought the same. There’s no way he doesn’t take a bath on those. Or some people have to be really stupid to pay those outrageous prices when most of those albums can still be relatively reasonably purchased. 

10 hours ago, Tidal Wave said:

I’m guessing he bought the boxed cds too. 

I didn't watch the CDs at the end, but they didn't attract much interest early on. If he can sell them for $5-10 a pop, he'll do really well there.

Edited by smailtronic
Forgot a word

1 hour ago, TheWindBlower said:

Those prices are absolutely nuts, but I wanna go to the store and check out what else they have. Seems like it could be a really cool shop.

As someone who lives in PIttsburgh where the shop is I can tell you he has a lot of volume but its all pretty overpriced and not alot of cool stuff. He also has a “museum” with various hardcore memorabilia. 

one plus is he has a venue in the shop as well and puts on some decent shows. 

33 minutes ago, smailtronic said:

I didn't watch the CDs at the end, but they didn't attract much interest early on. If he can sell them for $5-10 a pop, he'll do really well there.

I stopped paying attention once they got over my price. I didn’t see what they closed at. 

We are under the assumption that this person did not get the test pallet or test trunk right?

2 hours ago, Tidal Wave said:

I stopped paying attention once they got over my price. I didn’t see what they closed at. 

We are under the assumption that this person did not get the test pallet or test trunk right?

Based on what I've already seen, correct. However, in one of his IG posts, he mentioned having 8000 LPs arriving today. When the auctioneer updated the pallet listing, they included mention of 800 tests. Maybe he did get the pallet (or both) and that was just a typo?

6 hours ago, somethingvinyl said:

Just so I'm clear, Preservinghardcore spent $30K on Victory Records right? I'm following on IG now just to keep mentioning that from now until he blocks me.

That hasn’t been confirmed. I hav not seen any test presses. It looks like he spent about $5k and bought all of the cds/records that were available besides the two big test press auctions. 

On 12/13/2020 at 9:57 AM, Twistedshabazz said:

As someone who lives in PIttsburgh where the shop is I can tell you he has a lot of volume but its all pretty overpriced and not alot of cool stuff. He also has a “museum” with various hardcore memorabilia. 

Ahh! Ive been there once, forgot all about that. 
Didn't end up buying anything though, for said reason

On 12/13/2020 at 10:57 AM, Twistedshabazz said:

He seems to base price on the market (ie. Discogs) and rarity. Those super high prices on some of the Victory LPs are likely because said variants aren't available readily. 

That being said he does have plenty of stuff for reasonable prices, just depends on what you're looking for. I've order fr their Discogs, from his website and at shows directly when he brought a bunch of stuff to LDB Fest. 

In case you guys didn't know dude who runs it is the vocalist for Facewreck. 

Edited by crazytoledo
Typo

10 hours ago, smailtronic said:

Trunk items are now known: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LExiVB5kdh249Ms-4QG2r0PdmyY_M2AZWH9f1l91hjM/edit?usp=drivesdk

Spoiler alert, it's a lot of the same shit that was on the pallet.

Does that mean you got the trunk?